Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

*98-02 CHEAP* LED CONVERSION [cluster, clock, dome, maps, door, plate]

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 AM

So this is probly a dumb question but if i had a list of all the bulbs for my 96' i could do the same thing right? I just installed some 6000K jdm black housing hids in my ride and i freakin love it. I want some lighting inside now.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:13 PM

whoa whoa...perfect timing!
i had just posted a thread about how i wanted to replace my instrument cluster cuz its boring and looks plain. They said it was too much to try but your idea is perfect!
its still the same panel but it looks a million times better...
Do they sell the led's in red?
i have a 2001 honda accord and im interested in doing this
can you give me a step-by-step 98accordman??
thanks

Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Newest Of Newbies

i know your turn signals have a green tint to them.. but the blueness of the LED greatly overpowers the green and all you see is blue. unless the led is very dim, i would think.. so get some good ones. also instead of getting whole neo-wedge fittings for the T5s, you can just get T5 wedge bulbs, replace in the fitment and good to go. check polarity.

I would assume same for your 01 accord -- take out cluster, see what it's got for bulbs.. make a list, order, replace.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Great post.

Thanks

Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM

Can you send me the picks of the blue led when you get them installed? I'm interested in doing this in blue but I don't want it to be the wrong blue.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:48 PM

Can you send me the picks of the blue led when you get them installed? I'm interested in doing this in blue but I don't want it to be the wrong blue.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 PM

Here's how mine look ImageShack Album - 5 images.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 AM

Could you give pics of the bulbs you used b/c not all bulb are bright? I think the muti directional ones are better for brightness?
Did you just any one or any particular ones?
I have a 1990 Accord LX so the bulb size would be different I would think.
Thanks.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:48 PM

If you want to find bulbs for your car, plug it into this website
OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start
It will tell you the bulb types for all the different lights in your car.

I would personally recommend people go with SMD lights from US sellers on eBay, I spent ~$25 on Hong Kong LEDs for my whole car back when I was fitting my whole car with new lights and ended up with a bunch of dim ones. It was quite disappointing. Now none of them are in my car. Money wasted
Then I found a 4-SMD 31mm bulb (what goes in the dome, trunk and doors of my 95 Accord) and they are brighter than anything I've seen, and at only $7.99 a pair they won't break the bank. In my opinion, SMD>LED in the looks and brightness department, but it's all personal choice. I would go for 4 SMDs, not more. My 12 SMD panel is actually dimmer than the 4...

Right now I've got one in the dome and one in the trunk, the 2 places I need the most light. In the front doors I have cheap (plastic casing) red LEDs and in the rear door I've got cheap blues that are decently bright but will be replaced with white SMDs pretty soon.

Just went out and took some pictures of my bulbs, I'll get some better pictures of them during the night tomorrow. Right now it's way bright out.
This is the type of SMD I use in the dome and trunk

Front door (angle makes it look like the bottom 2 are out but they work fine)

Rear door

Last edited by Peli; 06-21-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:18 PM

You know you are right about the cheap Hong Kong and China stuffs. I spent over $35 and now they are all in a pile.
I think I will go for the SMD as you suggested.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Peli
If you want to find bulbs for your car, plug it into this website
OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start
It will tell you the bulb types for all the different lights in your car.

I would personally recommend people go with SMD lights from US sellers on eBay, I spent ~$25 on Hong Kong LEDs for my whole car back when I was fitting my whole car with new lights and ended up with a bunch of dim ones. It was quite disappointing. Now none of them are in my car. Money wasted
Then I found a 4-SMD 31mm bulb (what goes in the dome, trunk and doors of my 95 Accord) and they are brighter than anything I've seen, and at only $7.99 a pair they won't break the bank. In my opinion, SMD>LED in the looks and brightness department, but it's all personal choice. I would go for 4 SMDs, not more. My 12 SMD panel is actually dimmer than the 4...

Right now I've got one in the dome and one in the trunk, the 2 places I need the most light. In the front doors I have cheap (plastic casing) red LEDs and in the rear door I've got cheap blues that are decently bright but will be replaced with white SMDs pretty soon.

Just went out and took some pictures of my bulbs, I'll get some better pictures of them during the night tomorrow. Right now it's way bright out.
This is the type of SMD I use in the dome and trunk

Front door (angle makes it look like the bottom 2 are out but they work fine)

Rear door

Quick Reply: *98-02 CHEAP* LED CONVERSION [cluster, clock, dome, maps, door, plate]