Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
29.73%
no
70.27%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

do you think pinstripes look good ?

Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: do you think pinstripes look good ?

i think they can look ok...but i would rather have the non painted ones done well. easier to remove.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 PM

hey cat. post some pics we'll tell ya what we think.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
DetroitTraitor04
Unregistered

Ihave to say NO.. I work in the car graphics busniess.. I recently bought an 04 Accord Ex-L V6 and it came with pinstripes that had the Honda Logo in it.. onceI get a second to pull it in the bay out comes the heat gun and they're comin off.. it looks SO much cleaner with out it.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:13 PM

if you wait too long they'll leave a darker color of paint behind no?

hey DetroitTraitor.. I do a bunch of graphic design work, and have been asked a few times to do car wraps.. was curious if you're familiar with the whole process...
Was wondering if there's a good resource for templates and maybe some howto's for considerations of bends/curves in some of the bodies...
for example ppl around here like to wrap their vw bugs (yuck) but I could imagine that the curve on the fenders and general body would be a pita if you didn't know what radius the curve is at.

anyway, yeah lets see some pics (i voted yes if it's OEM)

Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM

correct, if you wait to long to remove them and the paint sunfades then you'll get a faint color difference since the paint under the stripe isn't faded... but it takes quite a while for sunfade to sit in bad enough to notice a difference like that....

Old 01-25-2008, 11:24 AM

I know this is a simplistic question but, how do you go about removing pinstripes?
I'm talking about the painted ones, not stick-on/decal style pinstripes.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:15 PM

only way it might look good if it is painted and professionally done

Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 AM

I finally decided that the dealer pinstripes had to go. It just made no sense to have stripes 2 inches above the side crease. I thought at first that they were real paint but, on closer inspection, they proved to be decals.
I spent a lot of time and elbow-grease with Lift-Off and a plastic scraper to remove about 2-feet and gave up. Lift-off is a good product but, I'm lazy and my condo garage has no electrical outlets so, I couldn't get help from a hair dryer or heat gun.
I found a nice little custom shop in my neighborhood and showed them the stripes. They are actually fans of custom striping but, they thought that the placement of the dealer stripes was stupid. They removed them in about an hour for $50. I followed up with a protective wax.
The car looks so much cleaner without them. I can now appreciate the lines on the side profile as they were meant to be seen. I can't believe that I kept them for 4 months.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: DetroitTraitor04

Ihave to say NO.. I work in the car graphics busniess.. I recently bought an 04 Accord Ex-L V6 and it came with pinstripes that had the Honda Logo in it.. onceI get a second to pull it in the bay out comes the heat gun and they're comin off.. it looks SO much cleaner with out it.
Hello New Member...Thanks for joining the forums here at the HAF and for jumping right on in..
New Member here..Say HELLO

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-16-2008, 12:58 PM

I think it looks good if it is donce correctly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: do you think pinstripes look good ?