Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

help! please! urgent!

Old 04-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Default help! please! urgent!

ok guyz here is the deal. after school me and a girl backed into each other pullin outa our spots. it was all paint that got taken off but i need to know the easiest most sufficient way and most effective paint/materials to use to fix my paint scuffs. i will post a link tomorrow with a pic of it but there is only one spot that went throught to the bumper, what would i have to do for that spot also? i have never touched up paint before so ANY suggestions, advise, or how to's, etc will be highly appreciated! thanks all who respond

Old 04-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Default RE: help! please! urgent!

sounds like quite a predicament you both pulled out the same time? well anywho im not an expert or anything. actually i know nothing. Well how big is the scrape? is it her paint on yours? or is your paint totally scraped off? if its her paint on yours you can try buffin her paint out until you can see yours again and try to use touchup paint for the rest. wet sand everything smooth then polish it with rubbing compound. if your paint is gone i dont think you can use touchup paint in a way thatll look nice. in that case your best bet it to find a place thatll fix and paint it for cheap. well thats my answer since it was so urgent if you can wait a bit more i bet someone more knowledgeable can give you a better and/or in-depth answer

Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 PM

I'm not too sure about this one either.
This sound like somethin RTexasF may be able to give you some suggestions on. He is a detailing pro, so he may knowsomething abouttouch-up painting too.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 PM

yea both pulled out at same time. i will try and pm him and see what he says but im thinking of just going to my local williamson honda and see what they say. if what they say is to expensive then im gonna go to advanced auto parts or one of those shops and get paint to just cover it myself. if that fails i will prolly take it to a body repair shop for them to estimate on