Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Tint Tint TINT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Default Tint Tint TINT!

I was wondering what the illegal % of tints were for my windows, and do they really enforce it? I mean i remember way back in elementary school I was a morning greeter and opened doors of cars that dropped of kids and there was a car where I couldn't see ANYTHING through it and i made a fool of myself and peered in HAHA. But anyways I was thinking about a 15-20% tint on my windows, and would anyone know the base price estimate? Anyone in Socal wanna hoook it up??

Old 04-30-2010, 11:14 PM

Im about to get my windows tinted and I too live in Socal. California law requires that the front side windows allow 70% of light through, which is really light tint. Theres no restriction on the back windows.

That said, on my last car I had full limo on the back windows and medium (35%) on the front. While its not technically legal, I had it for 2 years and never got a ticket for it. Im planning on getting the same thing this weekend on my new Accord.

I have read several good reviews for Signature Glass Tinting glass-tinting-signature%20auto ), which is where I am taking my car this weekend. I cant recommend them yet since I havnt been there, but they may be worth checking out. Im getting the computer cut Llumar ATC for about ~$200. If you dont want go with the top shelp computer cut stuff though there are several places around socal that will put on the cheap stuff for less than $100.

Last edited by bsoa123; 04-30-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by bsoa123
Im about to get my windows tinted and I too live in Socal. California law requires that the front side windows allow 70% of light through, which is really light tint. Theres no restriction on the back windows.

That said, on my last car I had full limo on the back windows and medium (35%) on the front. While its not technically legal, I had it for 2 years and never got a ticket for it. Im planning on getting the same thing this weekend on my new Accord.

I have read several good reviews for Signature Glass Tinting (http://www.yelp.com/biz/signature-gl...gnature%20auto ), which is where I am taking my car this weekend. I cant recommend them yet since I havnt been there, but they may be worth checking out. Im getting the computer cut Llumar ATC for about ~$200. If you dont want go with the top shelp computer cut stuff though there are several places around socal that will put on the cheap stuff for less than $100.
Oh sweet thanks for the info, I think i'll go with 30% all around then, I don't really like the uneven tone for my windows nahmsaing? I don't know anything about tints, and which tint brand is good and what not. I do know that the cheaper ones sometimes crack on you, or bubble up, or etc. so I don't really want to go for the cheaper ones and rather invest in nice tints so that it'll last melike.. forever

Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Default i feel ya

i was super worried about it not looking the same from front to back but the guy that did my tint showed me a 5 percent back and a 35 percent front and it looked super good so i did it too but anything lower then 35 looks weird mixed with the 5 unless it is 5

Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 PM

i have 15% all the way around and 30% over the whole windshield with a 0% brow. had it 2 weeks after i got the car and never been stopped and its been 3 years so would think you would be good the do whatever you want tint wise.