Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Default 09 Accord factory stereo questions

Hey all! Well, just made a REALLY big decision this weekend! I upgraded from a 2000 Accord EX to a 2009 Accord LX Sedan, and am LOVING my decision! My new ride is SWEET. I DO have some questions on the audio system, however. In my 2000 accord, I had an aftermarket stereo that I installed, a Clarion CX609, which I sold to my brother so I could have some extra cash for a downpayment. It had bluetooth hands free calling, which i am really missing with my new accord. Are there ANY good bluetooth systems out there that does a2dp streaming really well? What are my options for a bluetooth setup in my new accord? At this point, I can't afford a new Head unit w/bluetooth, cuz now I got car payments. And besides, I don't want to lose the HUD that comes with my factory stereo. Any suggestions?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Default Oh yeah, BTW,

is there a USB plug somewhere in the car? I see there are some buttons on my stereo that says "folder" or something like that? Is that for an ipod hookup somewhere?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Folder is for mp3 discs.

PAC-audio has a Bluetooth product, not sure about the A2DP feature.

Nice car. You may want to pull the factory head unit to see what you have to work with.

Electrical basics and Car Audio (click links below):My YouTube Channel -- Ohm's Law --- Wiring Harness Color Codes--- Wire Sizing Chart --- Fuses!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:07 AM

i am in the process of upgrading my lx-p radio to the 6disc radiothat comes int he ex and ls-x... i ran into some issues read below yeah its the info i posted on a thread but justs o you can have an idea.. this weekend i plan on figure it out before i recieve after market navi unit
http://www.autodvdgps.com/aftermarke...8bio8v34lhu802

" upgrading my single disc radio for the 6 disc radio in my accord lx-p. the reason i am doing this upgrade so i can install a after market gps/navigation add-on since it is not compatable with the accord lx/lx-p single disc radio.. so far i have purchase the ex wire harness from honda and purchase the 6disc factory radio off ebay. however, i did install the radio with the new harness it powers on radio part works also shows the rds info.. 6 disc works but does not display the cd txt or mp3 txt.. the illumination light for the buttons does not work but when i run the test the buttons will light up.. also when i press menu button to try adjust the speaker zone i get this message on the display screen EXT... and i don't have any menu option .. also when i run the speaker test all speakers work .. all the diagnostic test pass except the air speed but when i try use the radio like it should those 3 functions does not work."

Parts:
wire harness:
32118-TA0-A00 LX <-- does not support after martket kit
32118-TA0-A10 LX-P <-- my current harness "does not support after martket kit"
32118-TA0-A20 EX <-- i purchase this one to replace the lx-p harness
32118-TA0-A30 EX-L <-- does not support after martket kit
32118-TA0-A40 EX-L NAVI
6 disc radio:
39171-TA0-A32 OR A31
Old 04-06-2011, 10:34 PM

the swap worked out great had to splice into can-bus to get illumination to work on the passenger side fuse box
Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
2009 Honda Accord

killachris11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinDawg38 View Post
is there a USB plug somewhere in the car? I see there are some buttons on my stereo that says "folder" or something like that? Is that for an ipod hookup somewhere?
my 09 has an aux cord hookup (ipod) inside the center console along with another outlet
Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 PM

you could choose one on
Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 PM

Tags
2011, 32118ta0a20, a2dp, accord, bluetooth, clarion, code, folder, folders, honda, lx, oem, option, part, radio, sedan