Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Default 2005 Honda Accord radio does not work?

This seems to be a known problem. At first the car would turn off and leave the radio display on (i.e. station number, etc but no sound...I pulled the #5 fuse put it in...this would fix it and work for a few days then it would happen again. Eventually, the radio stopped working. The cd light stays green (i.e. means a cd is in the bay) and the display would light up but with no info and no sound. Looking for ideas.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not good with radio issues...moved this in hopes of getting a better answer.

My child arrived just the other day, he came to the world in the usual way

Heaven is in the palm of my hand and it is waiting here for you, what I am I suppose to do with a childhood tragedy
Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

No easy fix here. This is now a complex system w/ it's own diagnostic codes and procedures. Suggest you purchase a Honda shop manual from ebay seller automanualsource for $21.99. The manual has diagnostics for virtually every condition to source the problem.

Alternatively, you can use the manual to replace the radio like/like w/ used unit from salvage yard (check car-part.com for sources). Looks like $150 should get a good unit.

good luck
2006 Acura TSX
Old 12-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Honda Accord 2003+ Dash & Wiring Harness Kit (Lower) [Ai] - American International - HONK823H

Best option is to use this kit to install an aftermarket in the lower pocket. Result will be modern features and better sound.

Electrical basics and Car Audio (click links below):
Ohm's Law --- Wiring Harness Color Codes--- Wire Sizing Chart --- Fuses!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 PM

Default A similar problem

wife's car, 04 2-door.. Factory everything. The old factory radio/display/cd went out.. i.e.-lights first, then a couple months later while the honda dealer was trying to work out warranty issues the sound went out too. We bought a new factory radio and had a local stereo mods shop install it. But they couldnt get the radio to work.. Cd and lights are a go but no radio.. any ideas?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Did they have the code? You need the code for the radio to work. We have a sticky on it in this section.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 AM

Default Fixed

I went all over town, talked to Honda dealership and numerous radio shops.
Crutchfield had the Metra dash kit (proprietary to this Model Honda accord) for $150 (everyone else for $200)...if you order a radio/receiver from Honda they discount it to $75..I have an awesome radio dash kit, and payed $50 to have it installed...total $288...NOW I have iphone/ipod capability, bluetooth, etc;..
Old 01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammy999 View Post
I went all over town, talked to Honda dealership and numerous radio shops.
Crutchfield had the Metra dash kit (proprietary to this Model Honda accord) for $150 (everyone else for $200)...if you order a radio/receiver from Honda they discount it to $75..I have an awesome radio dash kit, and payed $50 to have it installed...total $288...NOW I have iphone/ipod capability, bluetooth, etc;..
pics of the final result? model/part numbers? this sounds like a good option for other Accord owners.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 AM

I went with Crutchfield because they discounted the dash kit from $150 (the local shop wanted $200) to $75 if you bought a kit from them. Free shipping also:
Radio: ($159)
Dual XDMA6540 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Dash Kit: ($75)
Honda Accord Factory Integration Adapter Factory stereo integration adapter for 2003-up Honda AccordWith heating, ventilation, and AC controls at Crutchfield.com

TOTAL: $234
Local Stereo guy install: $50
FINAL TOTAL $284
Different reviews on the dash kit...so far so good...it's not a HONDA but it's your only real option.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 AM

Tags
2005, accord, audio, display, equipment, fix, honda, illumination, katy, light, lower, pocket, radio, stopped, texas, volume, working