Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2005 Radio Volume Drops / Radio Backlights Out

Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Default 2005 Radio Volume Drops / Radio Backlights Out

Most annoying anomaly ... The FM radio Volume DROPS after changing stations. I read a few articles:

Audio System - Radio Volume Drops - Mar 01, 2005 - SN050309
SOURCE: Honda Service News

TITLE: Radio Volume Drops After Changing Stations

APPLIES TO: 05 Accord

SERVICE TIP:

Got an \'05 Accord owner griping that the radio volume sometimes drops after selecting a different FM radio station? Your customer has every right to sound off. There\'s a glitch in the audio unit that\'s causing this. To fix this problem, replace the
audio unit. Reman audio units have been counter measured.

Is this a recall? How do I follow through with the dealership? I don't want to be treated like a dumbass when I call them. I want to be "locked and loaded" so they have no protection and no way to blow me off.
Also, the display backlight goes out periodically. That's not much of an issue because it's only needed at night, but it's still a PITA. Oh, HAHA! And now the CD is stuck in the slot! Won't play or eject. So now I'm stuck listening to a crappy FM station.

Is there a DIY backlight display fix tutorial here? I searched and searched through hundreds of threads. Because I will be removing the stereo to get the CD out, I may as well try and fix the display issue then. Oh, and is there ANY way possible to tap into the LINE LEVEL circuits in the stereo? I think the speaker level input on my amp is junk - not to mention that it is basically amplifying crap output from the stereo itself!

Last edited by GMANCRX; 07-11-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:50 PM

Answered my own question... I tried to take apart the CD player / Display Face. Can't figure out how to remove the VOL FAN TEMP *****. So I quit.
Anyway, got the CD out, and also installed this:

Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1 V.3X

Works FANTASTIC!!

Now I don't have to fumble with CDs or listen to crappy FM radio!!