Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2008 coupe radio fuse location

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Default 2008 coupe radio fuse location

Daughter has 08 coupe radio just quit there is nothing in the owners manual that identifies the radio fuse locations someone has said that with premium sound check fuse #18 7.5a on drivers side fuse box and fuse #15 20a 0n passengers side fuse b

with normal radio check fuse # 18 and 16 on drivers side

can some verify this info it would help a great as dealer is no help at all

screw waterloo Honda

Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redbull-1
For the premium audio system (without navigation), first check driver's side interior Fuse 18 (7.5A) and passenger side Fuse 15 (20A).

For normal audio system, first check driver's side interior Fuse 18 (7.5A) and driver's side Fuse 16 (7.5A).

That is what it shows in the electrical circuit diagrams.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:41 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

if those are good, you can take a dmm and check for continuity on all the fuses. they should have a small bit of each prong exposed. you shouldnt even have to pull them to check them

Old 03-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by neophyte
if those are good, you can take a dmm and check for continuity on all the fuses. they should have a small bit of each prong exposed. you shouldnt even have to pull them to check them
This is what I do when troubleshooting electrical issues. A visual inspection is not as useful as measuring voltage at the fuses. Measure on both sides (both metal tabs) while inserted (as Neo mentions). if there is voltage on one side but not the other - the fuse is blown. if there is no voltage then maybe it's assigned to something not in use or the problem is up-stream.

DMM = Digital Multi Meter.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 AM
Default thank you

thank you for your replies I am an electrician so the concept of checking fuses is not the issue it was just knowing which fuses to start with as nothing is indicated in Honda's great owners manual

will pull all the mentioned fuses this evening and check them I am surmising there may be something else wrong she said she was driving along and radio just quit radio does not say anything about enter code just no display and of course no output

this is the first Honda in our family and with all the other problems this car has had at the moment I am not impressed with Honda at all

97000 k's engine had to have new pistons and rings to resolve an oil consumption problem and all sorts of other small minor problems that are just frustrating

again thanks to everyone

Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2088bob
thank you for your replies I am an electrician so the concept of checking fuses is not the issue it was just knowing which fuses to start with as nothing is indicated in Honda's great owners manual

will pull all the mentioned fuses this evening and check them I am surmising there may be something else wrong she said she was driving along and radio just quit radio does not say anything about enter code just no display and of course no output

this is the first Honda in our family and with all the other problems this car has had at the moment I am not impressed with Honda at all

97000 k's engine had to have new pistons and rings to resolve an oil consumption problem and all sorts of other small minor problems that are just frustrating

again thanks to everyone
bummer on the issues. one thing that Honda requires to hit 300k-400k miles is rigorous maintenance per the schedules in the manual. that includes all fluids (power steering, brake, coolant, oil, transmission).

i also avoid Ethanol-based fuels.
List: E10 Engine Damage & Performance Issues.

don't pull fuses to check them, measure them in-place as described above.

Attached Thumbnails 2008 coupe radio fuse location-309c947.jpg  

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 04-03-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 AM

okay in the owners manual it says fuse 16 is ac so I guess that has nothing to do with radio / fuse 17 7.5 amp details this fuse as accessory,key,lock it is fine /fuse 18 7.5 amps details this as accessory it is fine these fuses are in the fuse block on drivers side

I also checked fuse 23 drivers side this one says front accessory power socket it was also ok

on passenger's I checked the fuse 15 20amp detailed as premium amp it is fine as well

This is bull**** it should not be that hard to locate the fuse for the radio
and of course the dealers are no help whatsoever

Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 AM

bummer on the issues. one thing that Honda requires to hit 300k-400k miles is rigorous maintenance per the schedules in the manual. that includes all fluids (power steering, brake, coolant, oil, transmission

are you kidding me this car will be junk long before it hits 300k to 400k

and as far as those service intervals are concerned that's crap automatic trans fluid be changed at intervals of no more than 50k

I have a 2002 F150 ford with 290000ks on it v6 motor it gets an oil and filter change every 3000k's like religion and ALL fluids exchanged at 50000k intervals other than consumables brakes,belts,batteries,lightbulbs,filters,shocks,b alljoints.exhaust I have not spent a nickel on it for anything else

thats what I would expect from a Honda which I am not getting hell her 99 sunfire went 300k's with 1/10 of the trouble we have already had with this Honda

Honda oil change interval percentage thingie is pure planned engine wear just waiting to happen that was the first thing I disabled in my daughters car was the oil use percentage indicator it now also gets oil and filter every 3k's
remember the oil does not wear out its the additives in the oil that wear out

Old 04-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

For the Accord's with the normal audio unit, fuses first checked are driver's side interior Fuse 18 (7.5A) and driver's side Fuse 16 (7.5A).

Driver's side Fuse 16 protects more than just the A/C. The owner's manual won't have as much detail as a service manual.

If the interior fuses are both good, then check under-hood fuse 15 (10A).

See the attached images.

Attached Thumbnails 2008 coupe radio fuse location-fuse-18.jpg   2008 coupe radio fuse location-fuse-16.jpg   2008 coupe radio fuse location-normal-audio-fuses-1.jpg   2008 coupe radio fuse location-normal-audio-fuses-2.jpg   2008 coupe radio fuse location-under-hood-fuse-15.jpg  

Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 AM

redbull-1 thank you for your replies I had a conversation with the service manager at Cambridge Honda I very helpful gentleman much better than the people I had contact with at waterloo and Kitchener Honda dealerships

Any way he directed me to the under hood #15 10a fuse which I removed and found to be okay But here is the weird part after removing and reinserting that fuse my daughter went to leave and the radio was working again she entered the code and away it went

I saw nothing weird with the blades of the fuse saw no corrosion in the fuse holder/socket so I really can't explain what was going on there

Again redbull-1 many thanks for your help and my daughter thanks you as well you saved her a boatload of money

Regards
Robert and Nicole Konarski Waterloo Ont

Quick Reply: 2008 coupe radio fuse location