Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2007 factory navigation speakers thumping issue Video inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Default 2007 factory navigation speakers thumping issue Video inside

Hey all,

My navigation unit has been outputting a constant thumping noise to all speakers. It started being intermittent and now it remains constant. The only thing aftermarket is a sub, but I have already disconnected it. I have been toying around with the headunit and this is everything I came up with:

1. The navigation diagnostic for the Radio showed "OK" not sure if that means anything
2. It seems to be something with a harness as if I move it at certain angles, the thumping stops ONLY on the LEFT side of the car and I can hear audio again through those two speakers, BUT it is still distorted.
3. The right side remains with the thumping sound no matter what I do at this point even when the left is receiving some type of audio.

Any ideas on what I need to do to narrow this down some more because I am thinking it is something with the RIGHT side of the car since that is the only side that is constant with the thumping.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:37 PM

I have two more videos if there are any suggestions on what I should check. The stereo randomly remedied itself while I was trying to figure out the problem. Once I turned the car off and back on though the problem came back. The first video shows the stereo and all speakers will work perfectly fine. The second video shows what will happen to the left side as you can hear the audio, but the thump sound is still present as well. Could something under the hood be causing this?

Working perfectly fine

Intermittent thumping but audio is present

Old 10-13-2015, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

looks/sounds like the unit itself is failing. unfortunately, those models are well known for failures. it's possible it's an external connection issue - did you modify any existing wiring? when you say you replaced the sub, describe in more detail and show pics of your connections.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:33 PM

I somehow managed to get everything working again. I cut the wires at the factory harness and redid them and now everything is working. I don't know how this solved it, but I will accept it lol. So far so good as there is no hiss/thump/distortion what so ever.

No existing wiring was ever modified outside of adding the sub/amp that is hooked up to a LOC that was spliced into the back speakers.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

that's odd. i think the process reset the head unit (disconnecting power).

keep us posted.