Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 PM

i have a problem with my 2013 honda accord sport, it doesn't pertain to the bluetooth problem. I want to buy an HID kit for my accord but i have a problem with the day time running lights. They are halogen but i dont know if it is just on led bulb in there or what? So if i buy a HID kit say 8K would it power over the day time running light? Cuz i dont want a HID kit with a stock ugly halogen bulb underneath it.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

2013 Honda Accord "Radio" Issue:

1) Static noise when you first turn on the car and stereo. It does it in all sources (FM, USB, etc) All you get is static. Turning off the radio and back on doesn't help, the only fix is to shut off car and restart. Happened 3 times so far. (950 miles)

2) Both screens are black on startup of the car and nothing works on the radio. Shut the car off and turn it back on and it's all back to normal. (happened once - 12/5/2012)

3) No response to headlight switch, the main screen stays daylight bright immediately after starting the car and turning on the lights. Fix: turn off the lights and back on, then it dims accordingly. (happened once - 12/4/2012)

4) If your wife follows you in her Honda and your cell phone is also linked to her car and you try to use it in your car, the Bluetooth connection will disconnect from your car and jump to her car. (happened three times on 12/20/2012)

5) If you turn off voice feedback (talks too much) you cannot voice dial a number. It all works, responds to "call Bob, mobile" and shows Bob's number, but does not dial it. If you turn the voice feedback back on, it works the same way, but actually dials the number. So annoying.

6) Navigation locked up and rebooted in the middle of a "navigation". The system stopped talking in mid-sentence, locked up (stopped moving), screen went black and system rebooted as if I had just started the car and it picked up where it left off, only after I missed like 3 turns, because I could not stop and wait for it.

7) Annoyingly slow response to everything, all the time.

Seats:
They are concave, like an airplane seat, which gives you significant upper back pain after a few hours of being in the car.

The headrests are awful, awful, awful.

Moral: No matter how nice it is, the above issues would have kept me from buying it, but you can't notice it in a test drive.

I hesitated in buying it because it was a first year car and in the future I will definitely, wait for the second or third year of any car, since the first year is the "beta" version... even in a Honda.

Only has 950 miles. I don't know how long I will own it.

In comparison, my wife's 2012 Pilot is perfect!

Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Default Same Thing

Hi all. I have had my 2013 4DR EX-L V6 with Navi for a few months and have the problems with a call locking up the system, they can't hear me and I can't hear them but the call is in progress. After the call is ended the system is frozen. The volume cannot be changed and the car needs to be shut off for resolution.
Yes, the stereo is very poor.
Also, I have noticed that if you are listening to music on the HDD and shut the car off, when you turn the car back on, the stereo goes to track 99999 and freezes. This is resolved by powering down the stereo and turning it on again.
Another thing, the rear camera lines do not always show up...
I call the 800 number and they said that they are aware of the problem and the "patch" should be ready in late February. Don't hold your breath. The dealer had no clue what I was talking about when I called to cancel the appointment I had made earlier in the day before I read this post.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO US!

Old 12-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Seems as tho Honda needs a reality check with all these blue tooth, Navi smavi and other unnessary things on these newer model cars..Not for me..I'll stick with none of the above items..I do know how to read a map very well and unlike some GPS systems. I don't end up out in a stream or some corn field. Also the little carry on radio that swings from my mirror above the dash , still gets the local radio stations..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 12-29-2012, 11:05 AM

Just picked up my Accord this morning from the dealer. They replaced the "Navi/Radio Head/System Unit", including the hard drive. As posted earlier, I have had the intermittent blank screens at startup, slow computer response, hangup issues when using navigation with the vehicle moving, etc. So far, it looks like the updates resolved the slow response and navigation hang up issues. Time will tell on the intermittent blank screens at startup issue.

The system still disables functions with the vehicle moving (as designed), but the voice navigation seems to be more effective. I was forwarded documentation through the dealer that Honda is responding to future guidelines being developed by the NHTSA to minimize driver distraction, and all of their vehicles will go this route in future models. See partial paste below.

NHTSA recently published proposed Driver Distraction Guidelines (the "Proposed Guidelines"). The Proposed Guidelines address non-driving tasks performed by the driver while driving. The Proposed Guidelines are the first phase of guidelines in what is intended to be a comprehensive three part guideline covering the following:
• Phase 1 (final version to be published by mid 2012): guidelines for visual-manual interfaces of devices installed in vehicles.
• Phase 2 (to be published in 2013): guidelines to cover portable and aftermarket devices.
• Phase 3 (to be published in 2014): guidelines to cover auditory-vocal interfaces

Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by domon
Just picked up my Accord this morning from the dealer. They replaced the "Navi/Radio Head/System Unit", including the hard drive. As posted earlier, I have had the intermittent blank screens at startup, slow computer response, hangup issues when using navigation with the vehicle moving, etc. So far, it looks like the updates resolved the slow response and navigation hang up issues. Time will tell on the intermittent blank screens at startup issue.

The system still disables functions with the vehicle moving (as designed), but the voice navigation seems to be more effective. I was forwarded documentation through the dealer that Honda is responding to future guidelines being developed by the NHTSA to minimize driver distraction, and all of their vehicles will go this route in future models. See partial paste below.

NHTSA recently published proposed Driver Distraction Guidelines (the "Proposed Guidelines"). The Proposed Guidelines address non-driving tasks performed by the driver while driving. The Proposed Guidelines are the first phase of guidelines in what is intended to be a comprehensive three part guideline covering the following:
• Phase 1 (final version to be published by mid 2012): guidelines for visual-manual interfaces of devices installed in vehicles.
• Phase 2 (to be published in 2013): guidelines to cover portable and aftermarket devices.
• Phase 3 (to be published in 2014): guidelines to cover auditory-vocal interfaces
I am not sure if what you have includes this list of current Honda driver distraction restrictions for HFL and Navi systems.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth-hfl-navi-restrictions-page-1.jpg   2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth-hfl-navi-restrictions-page-2.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 06:43 PM

Wow, I am definitely discouraged reading about all the technical issues with the new accord. I just purchased a 2013 LX (manual) without navigation, and I have an iPhone 4 and pandora, and I have not had any issues (I have only had the car 5 days though). I really hope that I don't start having issues, the dealership I purchased from is in another county, and I do not have time to drive back and forth. Hope that you all get your issues resolved with Honda!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM

I hope you don't have problems but if you do you know your not alone. I am concerned after reading lgk104's feedback. Honda has been telling me and others that the patch will be ready mid Jan. Now they are telling lgk104 it will be late Feb. That's not bad for a car that should not have been released for production with these issues in the first place.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 AM

I hope the "patch" fixes the poor sounding audio quality. Thats my biggest gripe.

As far as ACRD's complaint on the seats. I somewhat concur. I wouldnt say I have experienced any pain but they certainly are not the most comfortable seats. The seats in my dad's TL are far more comfortable with more lateral support as well.

However, the performance of the V6 has exceeded my expectations as far as power. V6 pony cars better not get to cocky

Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 AM

I agree about the seats, they are definitely not comfortable for long drives, as I commute to work. Seem a bit too hard! I am going to look into getting one of those sound processors that are supposed to improve the quality of stock stereo sound and that can hook up and amp an sub too. I really hope it works!

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth