Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2014 Accord Sport Audio Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

it may require relocating the factory unit separate from the faceplate - essentially creating a remote display. that way i don't have to deal with the entire head unit inside the dash.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
exactly. the factory head unit for an EX-L is pretty nice and incorporates a lot of vehicle information and features. it stays.

similar to installing a LOC to feed a signal to an amp, you can install a LOC to feed a signal to a headunit. You just need to be careful of volume settings for the factory and aftermarket head units to prevent clipping. Basically, figure out the maximum signal from the factory head unit that has no distortion and never exceed it.

the real purpose though is to allow you to have a good CD player as a source for competition purposes. That bypasses all filters in the factory system.

i haven't even started looking for a place for another head unit... hopefully below the A/C controls and hopefully behind the factory cover.

ahhh

ya below ac would be perfect i think. that cubby comes out with 2 screws and when it is out, you have access around glove box area to run cables.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by berrnard

how much depth did you have for front speakers? did you have to trim the foam baffles? did you measure actual available depth?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

my anc is unplugged.

what year and model is yours? 2013s, the hfl sits below the anc under the radio. 2014s dont have an hfl unit below it.

did you unplug a mic? if so that is also the mic for bluetooth, i found that out from experience.

also i would put the LOC preamp if u have honda premium sound.
The 2014 Accord Sport, LX, and EX trim levels no longer have the Handsfree Control Unit (Bluetooth) hardware module. The 2014 Accord EX-L and Touring still has the Handsfree Control Unit (Bluetooth) hardware module.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:41 AM

how much depth did you have for front speakers? did you have to trim the foam baffles? did you measure actual available depth?
didnt measure, just put them in there. alpine sps610c if u want to get dimension. also have 1/4 inch foam baffle on them.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

didnt measure, just put them in there. alpine sps610c if u want to get dimension. also have 1/4 inch foam baffle on them.
yea, i looked up their depth as 2-1/4". mine are 3" deep. do you still have the stock speakers? can you measure the total depth of the factory speakers?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 PM

oems are 2-1/8

Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 PM

im sure you know but just a reminder. exl's have 6 speakers and factory sub, 8" i think. and a factory amp. think it stays around glove box area.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

im sure you know but just a reminder. exl's have 6 speakers and factory sub, 8" i think. and a factory amp. think it stays around glove box area.
yes.

OEM depth concerns me.

after much deliberation an EX-L is out of the picture. I will avoid the CVT. The 6MT only comes in LX, Sport, or EX.

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 03-26-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:01 AM

yes.

OEM depth concerns me.

after much deliberation an EX-L is out of the picture. I will avoid the CVT. The 6MT only comes in LX, Sport, or EX.
ive heard nothing but good things from hondas cvt. and my sport has it and have had nothing but smooth rides.

6mt comes in exl in the v6 doesnt it?

Quick Reply: 2014 Accord Sport Audio Install