Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

97 Accord Firewall

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Default 97 Accord Firewall

I know there have been questions all over this forum on the firewall but I'm wondering if there is an owner of a 97 Accord Ex who has needed to run wire from the engine bay to the cabin and has found the easiest spot without having to drill. I've been having a bit of trouble finding a spot but am still looking. Anyone know exactly where I can find a spot and what I would have to do to get the wiring through?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It is super easy, however you have this posted in the wrong section.
This is for write-up only not questions as stated in the rules.

Ask this in the correct section (audio & video) and I would be happy to show you how I easily ran 2 - 4 gauge power wires through the firewall on my 97 Accord

Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Moved it for you

Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 AM

Ok, great, thanks. I wasn't sure where to put it. I'm still learning my way around here.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM

ok super easy

Under the hood look at the firewall on the passenger side.

You will see a large wire harness going through the firewall, that harness goes to the ECU located under the carpet on the passenger side floor.

Take a long screwdriver and press it through the large rubber grommet that surrounds the wire.

Go into the car pull the carpet back from where it goes up under the glove box area and you will see the screwdriver poking through.

Now take your wire and tape it to the screwdriver (I use electrical tape) from inside the car.

Go under the hood and pull your screwdriver out and you will now have the wire ran from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment.

Told you it was Super Easy

Old 04-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

a coat hanger works well too, if you do not have a screw driver long enough.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 PM

I think I found the spot but would it be possible to get a quick pic? I see wires going from the fuse box through the firewall near the top. On the other side I took out the glove compartment and saw a few things obstructing my view of the firewall from up there. A bit lower I found one grommet but looked too low to be the same wires that were coming from the fuse box.
Is the firewall two layers or just one piece of metal?

Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 AM

it is the lower grommet.
It is not the wires going to the fuse box, it is the main harness that goes from the ECU to the motor.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:30 PM

So basically I looked around and only saw one grommet with wires. Right in the back there to the right of the fuse box. Some of them came from the engine components but all went through there near the top. It was very hard to reach with a screw driver. I couldn't get anything through it cuz I couldn't reach. Looking on the other side I saw the wires going to the ECU but looking under there were covers keeping me from finding where the wires came through on the other side. Taking out the glove compartment there were more things in the way to even being able to see that grommet.

You know anything bout all that stuff thats in the way? Is there anything Ill have to take out to get through to it?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 AM

I have a 97 Accord 5 speed as well.

Takes like 1 min to run a wire through that groment, removing the ECU or glovebox is not required.

Quick Reply: 97 Accord Firewall