Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM

Is the Bluetooth and the anc the same mic in the front

Old 05-30-2013, 03:53 PM

Will I still need to disable ANC if I am only adding a powered sub such as the Kicker - Hideaway 8" Subwoofer

Old 04-12-2014, 08:58 PM

I had to unplug the ANC box because I still received the noise when just the sensor was unplugged.

Originally Posted by frezel
So. i think im on to something, just installed a sub and amp to a stock headunit was getting exactly i what i found here in a thread

If your installing a system into any new Honda Accord your going to become familiar with what an ANC mic is. ANC mic stands for Active Noise Cancellation. These are being placed in a lot of the newer vehicles. Basically it cancels out noise with noise. This becomes a slight problem when adding an aftermarket system. When a sub and amp is added to the vehichle you will get a lot of feedback through the sub no matter if your radio is on or off. Mainly when you first place the vehicle in drive or when your decelorating is when you get the most feedback. Its a simple fix that you really wont miss these mics to much. Since we have unplugge these mics the customer has not had one problem with the feedback issue. So here are the steps as follows

Step 1 Near the dome light and sunglass holder on the headliner pop out the middle plastic strip before the light. There is a small wiring harness and attached to the piece and you will also so the small microphone. Just unplug the wire, tuck it away and reattach piece.

Step 2 Pull down the back seat to expose the rear plastic for the upper deck. There are two (I think two) plastic clips that hold the front plastic curve down. Remove those and pull back on the plastics. Right next to where the car seat attachment location is you will see a small hole the size of a pen. The mic is located right in that hole. Just reach underneath the plastic and disattach the wire and clip.

Step 3 Enjoy! All feedback will be gone.

Not sure if there is a wiring harness to back of radio as it was dark and unable to see, I am hoping to post some pics tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes, maybe instead of all the prying we can just unclip it from back of radio.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:24 PM

If all you are doing is looking to dramatically increase the bass/sub response in your 2013-2014 EX, 2-screen Accord, this you-tube video is spot on and took less than 5 min. It's a developer menu alteration to the DSP signal processing. Very noticeable improvement and great, easy to follow video. Cross referencing this from another forum thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMEQCSXJuk

Old 02-23-2015, 03:40 PM

So all of this makes the Bluetooth unusable correct. I am going to put and an amp in for some new speakers I just had installed. I'm bummed if I completely lose Bluetooth capability

Old 02-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

no one has reported losing bluetooth. the 2014 and 2015 have BT internal to the radio. 2013 has BT in a separate external box.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Default Loss of Bluetooth

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
no one has reported losing bluetooth. the 2014 and 2015 have BT internal to the radio. 2013 has BT in a separate external box.
I just got back from having my system put in and everything that everyone has said is true, except that you lose the ability to have your Bluetooth mic. I can still stream Pandora, etc... But can't have a phone call trough my car because there is no mic to pick up my voice... Is there anyway around this besides cutting the ANC wire in the front?!?

Old 12-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Default Loss of Bluetooth

Originally Posted by J Bone
I just got back from having my system put in and everything that everyone has said is true, except that you lose the ability to have your Bluetooth mic. I can still stream Pandora, etc... But can't have a phone call trough my car because there is no mic to pick up my voice... Is there anyway around this besides cutting the ANC wire in the front?!?
Also, I have a 2014 Honda Accord Sport

Old 12-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by J Bone
what did you have done? BT works fine in my 2014 Sport with the factory HU but without ANC. Did they unplug the front mic?

When looking at the overhead console, i noticed there wasn't a front ANC mic, just rear.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
what did you have done? BT works fine in my 2014 Sport with the factory HU but without ANC. Did they unplug the front mic?

When looking at the overhead console, i noticed there wasn't a front ANC mic, just rear.
Thank you for responding.

My 2014 Accord Sport has an ANC in the back and one in the front between the overhead lights and the sunglasses compartment.

I had subs, and amp, and capacitor installed at a local shop here. The problem I'm seeing is that the blue chord that get unplugged to disconnect the ANC also contains plugs for the BT mic. The only solution I've come across online is someone saying you can locate the bundle of wires, snip the ANC and plug it back in. I didn't want to start permanently snipping wires...

You say that you're able to have both ANC's disconnected while still running BT mic in your car? No wire snipping?

Quick Reply: Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub