Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

i agree that my console looked to have extra microphones up front but once i inspected it from behind, i saw that nothing was there. the larger mic assembly is for bluetooth.

this is where we thought the other ANC mic was, but it's not an installed option

i taped up seams to keep it quiet

i was also installing my RUX-C800 controller

Attached Thumbnails Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub-20151003_233801.jpg   Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub-20151003_233811.jpg   Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub-20151003_233823.jpg   Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub-20151003_235525.jpg   Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub-20151004_001732.jpg  

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 12-24-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:38 AM
HAN
Default Where can I find picture of this?

Originally Posted by frezel
So. i think im on to something, just installed a sub and amp to a stock headunit was getting exactly i what i found here in a thread

If your installing a system into any new Honda Accord your going to become familiar with what an ANC mic is. ANC mic stands for Active Noise Cancellation. These are being placed in a lot of the newer vehicles. Basically it cancels out noise with noise. This becomes a slight problem when adding an aftermarket system. When a sub and amp is added to the vehichle you will get a lot of feedback through the sub no matter if your radio is on or off. Mainly when you first place the vehicle in drive or when your decelorating is when you get the most feedback. Its a simple fix that you really wont miss these mics to much. Since we have unplugge these mics the customer has not had one problem with the feedback issue. So here are the steps as follows

Step 1 Near the dome light and sunglass holder on the headliner pop out the middle plastic strip before the light. There is a small wiring harness and attached to the piece and you will also so the small microphone. Just unplug the wire, tuck it away and reattach piece.

Step 2 Pull down the back seat to expose the rear plastic for the upper deck. There are two (I think two) plastic clips that hold the front plastic curve down. Remove those and pull back on the plastics. Right next to where the car seat attachment location is you will see a small hole the size of a pen. The mic is located right in that hole. Just reach underneath the plastic and disattach the wire and clip.

Step 3 Enjoy! All feedback will be gone.

Not sure if there is a wiring harness to back of radio as it was dark and unable to see, I am hoping to post some pics tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes, maybe instead of all the prying we can just unclip it from back of radio.
Hey, where can I find picture for this? I'm a bit confused about the back end mic disabling.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

you can see the rear mic in the pic, it is combined with the main harness that plugs into the driver's side a-pillar. you can just pry the mic loose and unplug it there.

Attached Thumbnails Active Noise Cancelling - Fix issues when adding a sub-20150711_134907.jpg  
Old 05-02-2017, 02:43 PM

I have a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L. I just go into the developer's menu and turn ANC to off. I've read where it resets after you shut the engine off. That hasn't been the case for me. It stays off until I tell it otherwise.

Seems much easier then cutting wires.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alaskanseminole
I have a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L. I just go into the developer's menu and turn ANC to off. I've read where it resets after you shut the engine off. That hasn't been the case for me. It stays off until I tell it otherwise.

Seems much easier then cutting wires.
Agreed. the non-touch screen models don't have that option. I can get to a menu that says it's on or off but I didn't experience any change. I prefer eliminating the problem altogether. but each person has different levels of comfort.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Default Easiest way to remove ANC plug under H/U.

Hello everyone. I'm sure you've seen the video about removing the lower side panel on the front passenger seat to gain access to the ANC plug and everyone wondering how do you get into that tight area to remove. Here is a simple video I did to help those unplug that wire. Hope this helps. Please like and share. Good luck everyone.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:03 PM

Hello,
I have a 2012 Honda accord lx just the basic. I have this defining high pitch sound coming out of my speakers. I have searched every where for the ANC and I pretty sure I don't have one. does anyone have any other ideas of what I can do to get rid of this noise. please help!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gto1975
Hello,
I have a 2012 Honda accord lx just the basic. I have this defining high pitch sound coming out of my speakers. I have searched every where for the ANC and I pretty sure I don't have one. does anyone have any other ideas of what I can do to get rid of this noise. please help!!!!!!
Sorry for the delay.

What else is in the system? Is it fully stock or do you have aftermarket components?

Old 09-19-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Sorry for the delay.

What else is in the system? Is it fully stock or do you have aftermarket components?
theres nothing else its just the factory stero.