Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

double din dvd player

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:03 AM
aka22
Unregistered
Default double din dvd player

hey guys, i actually don't own an accord but i'm here for a friend who does. he owns a 2005 honda accord non navigation i guess. (sorry not too familiar with accords). he's trying to install a double din dvd player in that lower cubby hole that honda calls the cd holder, you know, the one below the ac control unit. anyways, i tried a search and i guess i wasn't using the correct terms or words cuz my searches ended up with nothing. so if anyone could help me out with either different words to use in my search or a link or if you know of any good brands and all the "extra" stuff i'll need to get it working. also is the double din dvd just a monitor or is it also a player? thanks in advance.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: double din dvd player

The kits available for the cubby area are only for a single-din. To do that he would have to custom build it into the cubby. Here are a few links for reference. Wish I could help you more.
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Cubby Install Kit

EDIT: It depends on the unit for it to have a dvd player built in. Hes going to have to get a double din screen, not a flip out. A flip out will hit on the top not letting it fully tilt back. It will hit at the bottom of the A/C controls, and you won't be able to see the screen. He can install a DVD player in the glove box, or under it. Better then a DVD player is a modded xbox running Xbox Media Center (XBMC) it plays your libary of MP3s, any kind of video, pictures, and ofcourse games and DVDs. Click here for more info on XBMC. I had an xbox in my old car, and it was perfect for the car. There is also a project in development for navigation on the xbox. Only downside to the xbox is no touch screen support. Also here is a bit of info on what a modded xbox can do, and a bit of background info. CLICK HERE