Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2006, 05:21 PM
netanderthal
Unregistered

Default Cant find Radio Fuse on 1998 Accord LX

A couple months back my radio and my cigarette lighter/charger stopped working which I suspect was due to a blown fuse. Since I dont smoke and my commute is generally 15 minutes i managed to get around without fixing it, but for the past couple weeks Ive been trying the fuse for the radio/cigarette charger and i looked in both fuse boxe, but none of the fuses there are labeled as either radio or cigarette lighters
Can somebody help me locating the fuse on the aforementioned model (Accord 98 LX)

Thanks in advance
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Default RE: Cant find Radio Fuse on 1998 Accord LX

well there are two. there is the main one which is under the dash drivers side. should be a 10amp and located NE corner of the box. fuse also under the hood, passenger side 7.5 amp backup. but.....the radio and the cig lighter are not on the same circuit. the cig lighter is on a 30amp fuse elsewhere. maybe a connector problem in your dash.

lightshow
Old 01-20-2006, 05:35 PM
netanderthal
Unregistered

Thanks, ill check them out asap, its just this happened literally in an instant when both cigarette lighter and the radio went out. And unfortunately the fusebox did not explicitly label the radio/lighter fuse.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:33 PM
netanderthal
Unregistered

Wow. I always thought there are 2 fuseboxes in accords : under the hood, next to the driverside. Well in mine there was a third one -- next to passenger side and it contained a blown 15A radio/cigarette lighter fuse instead of a 20A as noted on the fuse map. Once replaced with a new 20A, radio is getting jiggy with it again
Old 01-20-2006, 06:33 PM

Tags
1998, 2006, 98, accord, blown, charger, cigarette, controls, find, fuse, honda, lighter, radio, stereo, working