Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Have the audio connections stayed the same year to year?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Default Have the audio connections stayed the same year to year?

Well, my 98 Accord has just become my daily commuter car (it was my wife's car...she has the new Ody now). I have a modest aftermarket unit cd player that I had in my 94 Civic. I was going to buy the adaptor faceplate for the Accord and put the head unit in (Panasonic).

Are the audio connections the same? I got the head unit from crutchfield and it came with adaptor "plugs" that I just had to solder to the head unit. It then just plugged into the connectors in the Civic. Can I just plug this into my 98 Accord?

Also, if I buy really good aftermarket speakers, any forseeable issues with me taking them out and moving them into my next Accord (around 2010 most likely). I would hate to spend $400-600 on speakers and not be able to use them 4 years from now.

I've never changed the speakers in my car but I have to imagine that speakers are fairly straightforward with respect to wiring. I've done tons of electrical wiring in my house so I'm comfortable with that stuff. I'm slowly learning about car audio.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Have the audio connections stayed the same year to year?

Car audio is electrical wiring like you're used to with slightly different jargon... As far as the wiring harness I just pulled my deck out of my 94 civic and slapped it into my 94 accord and it works fine... I'm almost positive that you should be able to switch it out just fine... As far as the speakers go as long as they maintain the same size for the speakers then you should be fine...