Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

03 accord. CD player problem. Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:37 AM
03bblack
Unregistered
Default 03 accord. CD player problem. Fix?

Well i bought a used 03 accord only to find out the cd player doesn't eject cds!

its a 6 disc cd changer and it loaded them fine. Although when press the load button it doesn't do anything either.

Also the eject button doesn't work at all. Is this normally a problem and is there anyway to fix it or get the cd's out? It doesn't put out any error codes so i don't know what the deal is.

I'm really hoping i wont have to replace the whole things to get 2 maybe 2 stupid buttons working. Anyone got any insight?

Thanks, B

Old 06-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Like I just said in another thread. The chance of finding someone proficient in these units, and have the parts to fix them is pretty close to zero. These HU are bad quality and not all that common, not much demand for repairs. But you can try searching or calling around. If you want to keep the stock HU your going to have to replace it. I'd recommend going aftermarket for several reasons I'm not going to get into here. I have a stock HU that I'm selling if your interested in replacing the unit. If there is any chance in getting those CDs out your going to have to open it up, and just try to get to them. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.