Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I-Honda-R3 Ipod adapter installation and radio security code question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Default I-Honda-R3 Ipod adapter installation and radio security code question

Hi - I just purchased a 2007 Accord VP. It's my first Accord - have had a CRV for about a year now. I bought it used, so it doesn't have an owners's guide with it.

My Accord doesn't have an input for an Ipod. I'm looking around at options, and am thinking about buying the DICE Electronics i-Honda-R3.

Doesn't anybody have experience with this, and are there any detailed steps on how to install it?

Also - how do I retreive my radio security code - it looks like you have to disconnect the radio to install this thing and I need to get the code.

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

I recommend Pacific Accessory Corporation for factory integration. I know they work, I know they are well made, and I know they stand behind their product.

they have models that give you a simple aux input, or models that let you control your ipod through the factory radio and steering wheel controls - example uPAC-HON1.

You will have to follow the installation instructions, each one is unique. i always recommend reading the installation/owner's manuals before you buy - that way you are sure it's what you want and you know what you're getting into. if you can't get an owner's manual from them without buying it first - look elsewhere. A good company puts all of their documentation online for you to easily access. For PAC - choose the model and look under Technical Docs

there should be a card in the documentation with the owner's manual and such (credit card size) with a 5-digit number. if you can't find one, you'll have to get the code from a dealership. note that some of us have found two different cards, of which, only one works.

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 02-28-2010 at 10:25 AM.