Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Ipod adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:37 AM

yea i thought of it, my friend has it installed in his prelude. sound isnt bad but it doesnt have the same hit as a cd, sounds more like xm quality. I have a bluetooth headset anyways so im fine with that since i have to use it with my ps3 too. Dont they have an extra adapter that can attach to the isimple ishd571 to do bluetooth? Also im really busy for the next 2 days so if u can search about the other products for me that would help alot. Thx

Last edited by barticus520; 05-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM

I'm not thrilled with all of the installation videos I've seen, but I'm going to start posting them here so we can pick the best and most useful ones.

(Manual Transmission, but pretty good overall) YouTube - ‪ViewDo: How To Install an iPod in an Accord‬‏

(Manual Transmission, not as good as the first video, NSFW language, shows how to remove the entire head unit though) YouTube - ‪2004 Honda Accord head unit uninstall‬‏

(Auto Transmission, no heated seats, no XM, lots of tips and explanation) YouTube - ‪iPod or Aux Install 2003-2007 Honda Accord‬‏

Old 05-21-2011, 05:09 AM

well i googled how to remove it and found a website of a 05 accord ex-l, no nav, heated seats, dual climate control, and it was a good write up of how to do it.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by barticus520
well i googled how to remove it and found a website of a 05 accord ex-l, no nav, heated seats, dual climate control, and it was a good write up of how to do it.
Definitely post it if it's good.

I also looked into your previous question about adding the bluetooth addon to the ISHD571 and the reviews I read online didn't seem thrilled with it. They said the main unit is good but the bluetooth was buggy and unreliable. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

Last edited by SSharon; 05-21-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:43 AM

well im goin to probly choose which unit im gettin tonight so if you are ready tell me. if u still want help installing urs just ask it doesnt look to hard. If you get yours soon then maybe we can meet up n ill help you install urs when i do mine.

also this is the write up, its a different unit however its basically the same install. http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm

Last edited by barticus520; 05-22-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:38 PM

well im goin to probly choose which unit im gettin tonight so if you are ready tell me. if u still want help installing urs just ask it doesnt look to hard. If you get yours soon then maybe we can meet up n ill help you install urs when i do mine.

also this is the write up, its a different unit however its basically the same install. 2003-2006 Honda Accord iPod Installation
I think I'm going to get the unit I mentioned. I've been busy all weekend so I didn't make any progress. I figure if I install the main unit without a problem I can always add the bluetooth component later on if I really want it.
Which site are you going to buy it from? After you install yours let me know how it goes and then I'll attempt mine.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:43 AM

I didnt have time yesterday to order. After work n changin the oil n cleanin out a 02 explorer for my mom ill order the part, most likely from amazon since its the cheapest i found. It is 105 plus 6.99 shipping.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 PM

I didnt have time yesterday to order. After work n changin the oil n cleanin out a 02 explorer for my mom ill order the part, most likely from amazon since its the cheapest i found. It is 105 plus 6.99 shipping.
I just bit the bullet and ordered mine through Amazon. Expected delivery is between May 27th and June 2nd, which is fine by me since I'm not in a rush.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for the delay in helping you two, i haven't had time to research the adapters you're looking for. Looks like you've helped each other, which is the purpose of forums. I'm glad you've done your research as to which units are compatible.

i did, however, replace the screen on a 4th gen iPod last night. i made one happy kid.

I am happy to help you with wiring needs and questions.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
i did, however, replace the screen on a 4th gen iPod last night. i made one happy kid.
See, now that is way more up my alley. Did you change the battery while you were in there? I can't imagine it still holds a full charge if it is a fourth generation.

Quick Reply: Ipod adapter question