Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Ipod adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Battery was fine, so we left it. A battery swap would be pretty easy. Getting to the digitizer connector in the back side of the board was a PITA

Old 05-25-2011, 02:49 PM

I had a few minutes to kill during lunch today so I started taking apart the dash to see how hard it is. I removed everything I need to except the cubby and only dropped two metal clips into the well (which I recovered). I can tell that I will need a magnetic screwdriver to put everything back together, but I'm confident now that i can do the install on my own.

I wonder if I'll ever figure out where the metal clips came from so I can put them back in the right spots...
I hope the part is delivered early!

Old 05-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

The backside of the dash trim. You will see others on plastic tabs.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
The backside of the dash trim. You will see others on plastic tabs.
Thanks, I found where they go. When I got home I was also able to remove the cubby area. The only thing left to do is figure out how to unplug the white cable. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it and I wasn't sure how much force it needed or in which direction or if there are any release tabs.

I guess while I have everything open I should replace the light bulb for the passenger's heated seat which is burnt out.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM

lol i gotta get the bulb for the drivers heated seat light, and trac control, and the moon roof.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by barticus520
lol i gotta get the bulb for the drivers heated seat light, and trac control, and the moon roof.
lol, our accords are pretty similar! Where are you going to buy the lights from? Is it something that autozone stocks or do we need to get it from a local honda dealer?

At least I don't have traction control so there is no light there to go out. I do have a moonroof, although I can't picture in my mind where there are any lights for it.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

hondapartsdeals dot com is where i get all my OEM parts. i just ordered new A-pillar garnish and it came in today!

Old 05-25-2011, 09:43 PM

ill probly just go to honda since its like 2 min away n bulbs are really cheap anyways.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by barticus520
ill probly just go to honda since its like 2 min away n bulbs are really cheap anyways.
I found some amazing instructions on how to install the bulbs over at an acura forum since they use the exact same part.

See:
Replacing the light bulb that lights up the heated seat button - Acura TSX Club : Acura TSX Forum
and
VSA/Moonroof/Seat Heater/Gear Shift Lights Replacement - Acura TSX Club : Acura TSX Forum

The second link has pictures, etc. Both threads also mention that if you don't mind cutting the extra wire, you can save a few bucks by getting the bulbs at radio shack instead of OEM.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by SSharon
I found some amazing instructions on how to install the bulbs over at an acura forum since they use the exact same part.

See:
Replacing the light bulb that lights up the heated seat button - Acura TSX Club : Acura TSX Forum
and
VSA/Moonroof/Seat Heater/Gear Shift Lights Replacement - Acura TSX Club : Acura TSX Forum

The second link has pictures, etc. Both threads also mention that if you don't mind cutting the extra wire, you can save a few bucks by getting the bulbs at radio shack instead of OEM.
Just to give an update to anyone reading this I got the bulbs from radio shack (they are in a baggie now instead of the box like they are in the pictures on the acura forum) and the replacement was pretty straightforward. I'll make sure they work tomorrow, but I don't see why they wouldn't.

Quick Reply: Ipod adapter question