Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Replacement Speakers- 2012 HA SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Default Replacement Speakers- 2012 HA SE

I am a NEW member here and just got this car middle of March-2017. My stock speakers in my 2012 HA SE suck big time! I plan on changing the back first since they are useless. I have been pricing and comparing different speaker brands. I love JBL's and Infinity speakers! But I am wanting to know of other brands out there that are just as good as those two WITHOUT breaking my bank. I used to love Pioneer/Kenwood/JVC back in the day, but now I don't know about those brands. Any direction I could be pointed to would be of great help.!

Last edited by SE2012hags; 04-05-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: included addt'l info
Old 04-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SE2012hags
I am a NEW member here and just got this car middle of March-2017. My stock speakers in my 2012 HA SE suck big time! I plan on changing the back first since they are useless. I have been pricing and comparing different speaker brands. I love JBL's and Infinity speakers! But I am wanting to know of other brands out there that are just as good as those two WITHOUT breaking my bank. I used to love Pioneer/Kenwood/JVC back in the day, but now I don't know about those brands. Any direction I could be pointed to would be of great help.!
Welcome!

JBL and Infinity are still decent brands. Polk, Alpine, and Hertz have affordable options as well. Ideally you would audition speakers before buying.

The rear get a much lower signal because those speakers are for rear passengers and shouldn't be audible in the front seats. Cars are designed, both factory and aftermarket, to have a good front stage. simply swapping speakers won't make a huge change in output.

Most of us replace front speakers first, add an amp second, a sub third, and rears last (if at all).