Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Strange noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Default Strange noise

Hello, i have a honda accord 2008. I have added subs into my car... I have factory radio so i bought a sub converter, i connected the wire from back speakers to the converter, seemed to work fine. But now that when i press on gas, around 2-3rpm i hear like feedback or like too much power going in or something...it sound loud,when i press gas it goes like woab woab and then stops....

Any help?

Old 12-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jphonda
Hello, i have a honda accord 2008. I have added subs into my car... I have factory radio so i bought a sub converter, i connected the wire from back speakers to the converter, seemed to work fine. But now that when i press on gas, around 2-3rpm i hear like feedback or like too much power going in or something...it sound loud,when i press gas it goes like woab woab and then stops....

Any help?

sounds like a typical ground loop issue. the converter should be connected to both positive and negative, for both left and right rear speakers. make sure there isn't any bare copper exposed or touching metal or other wiring.

some amps are more succeptable to noise than others. some amps include high level inputs which allow you to take the speaker output directly to the amp (which is usually free from noise).

if you list your equipment by make/model i can evaluate what the capability is.