Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

clear bra ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Default clear bra ?

Hi:

my accord coupe is black and one week old. I'm debating whether to get some clear film to protect against stone chips, etc. I have no experience with this stuff, so I'm asking for anyone's feedback on this product.

- is it a DIY job, I'm very handy but a bit cautious about this job.
- how does it hold up to Canadian seasonal cycles (heat/cold), road salt ?
- expected cost

Please share any experience you have with this stuff.
much thanks,
bb

Old 03-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Administrator

I hope someone has some kind of answer for you on that, but I'm not qualified to help you on this one..sorry

WheelBrokerAng

Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 AM

I've got the 3m on my accord and truck for about 3 years now. It works excellent on rocks and rocksalt flying up on the road. A blown truck tire even slapped the bumper around 100kph and I swear it looked liked it destroyed the finish, but with some scrubbing I managed to wipe off the rubber streaks and the 3m still looked brand new.
However one day I got stuck behind a dump truck on the 401 and rocks were flying out the back of it, it made two pin hole rips right through to the metal on the hood.

Conclusion: It'll definitely keep that white (rockchip) haze from forming on the front of your car that Canada winters are known to cause, but don't expect it to perform miracles.

My father bought another brand for his truck, with a 5 year warranty, and it works just as good.
I wouldn't recommend 3m they're ridiculously overpriced and competitors quality have caught up, not to mention the installers damaged my car driving it up the ramp to their garage.

Neither of us have ever applied it ourselves, with such a large area to apply to I fear trapping dust under the bra and with so much wind pressure being applied to it I also worry it could pull up due to me doing a bad job applying it.