Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Best detailing products? Wax? Leather care?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:49 PM

Anybody heard of Collinite car wax. I bought some on Amazon and it is the stuff other waxes want to be. I read about it somewhere on a detailing site and they recommended it over all other waxes, It's only a wax no abrasives in it at all . Lasts a long time too. Good stuff Maynard....

Old 06-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Never heard of that one. But you know that most everyone has there own brand..kinda like Soda or Beer.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyjumpup74
Anybody heard of Collinite car wax. I bought some on Amazon and it is the stuff other waxes want to be. I read about it somewhere on a detailing site and they recommended it over all other waxes, It's only a wax no abrasives in it at all . Lasts a long time too. Good stuff Maynard....
Waxes don't have abrasives in them. Combo products that remove oxidation and apply a wax to the paint will have some very light synthetic cut compound in them. I believe Meguiars #66 is like that, a light compound integrated into the wax.

The products you choose you will find are the ones that work best for you. I ran my parents auto facility for 13 years. I've used just about every product under the sun. In the end, I use mostly Meguiars products. Their Liquid Glass Polish is a very nice product that is available in most retail settings. The NXT wax is also a good product for the home user. I don't believe in once a year products. There is nothing out there that can take the abuse of a years worth of wind, rain, salt, snow, ice, dirt, debris, high speed travel, heat, cold, etc. You simply can't beat or outperform waxing your car 4 times a year. Plus, true auto enthusiasts enjoy caring for their cars, so it isn't a job to them, it's a labor of love.

As for leather, Lexol leather conditioner is the best you can buy. You don't really need to purchase a leather "cleaner," as this is just a multipurpose cleaner branded and charged more for in return. I've used so many I can't even begin to count them.

Wheel cleaner varies based on the type of wheels you have. Aluminum, polished aluminum, steel, chrome, Magnesium, etc. Polished aluminum is the most difficult, as many products will oxidize the surface with is a royal pain to polish out. Most of the time, a light duty cleaner and a microfiber towel cleaned often so they aren't bad is best.

Clay bars are great products, but care must be taken by the user. There are several grades of product, and some of the more aggressive bars will scar a paint job. Brand isn't all to imperative, however Mothers or Meguiars are both fine quality products.

Headlight stuff. 99% of them are garbage and don't work. This is typically one area I suggest using a professional service. Meguiars sells a $300 kit to pro's that works amazingly well. It involves sanding down the lights and polishing them back to life. I just bought my accord, a 2005 with 220k miles on it. The headlights were aweful. I had my guy do them, and they are brand new now. Plus, if the pro's screw up your lights, you get them to pay for it. If you screw the pooch, it's on you. Basically, most products work by using a paste roughly the consistancy of toothpaste.

If you need any suggestions on other products, I'll be happy to point you in the best direction for your money.

Also, the best glass cleaner I've ever seen, is a product by Stoners. It's called Invisible glass, and it works wonders.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Paul79UF
I've been a Zaino "zombie" for over a decade.

I love how long the shine lasts and the water beads so well.

I even polish windshields with Zaino Z2 since it makes the water fly right off to where you don't even need your wipers on when it rains.
I have used Zaino for 10 years, now... on my S2000... Without a doubt, it's the best product for me... to date ...!!! Easy on...and easy off...!!! Fact is, you can apply it in direct sunlight, let dry.... even overnight, & it comes right off...Effortlessly.....Well worth the buck...!!!

Old 07-26-2013, 06:16 AM

I have been using Chemical Guys Pete's '53. I haven't seen anything better. I use the Pete's as a topper over PoorBoys EX-P.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've had great success Mothers detailing clay.
Make sure you don't do it in the heat and do one section at a time before going to another section.I usually do it early morning when the car is cool. Also,don't allow the detail spray to dry while using the clay.
One more important thing. Don't let the clay drop on the ground!
It will pick up small rocks which scratch the paint.
I like to put newspapers on the ground where I'm working just in case the clay does drop.It will land on the newspaper and not on the driveway.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Administrator

I always say the same about this subject..everyone has what's best for them and everyone has their own opinions on the products.. I now use only Detailing Shops in my area to do my car when it starts getting dull looking..Just got my car back today Sunday after they worked on it for 7 hours..every nook and cranie has been done..engine and all for $100.00 plus I gave Moose an extra $ 20.00 tip..

Old 08-18-2014, 03:31 PM

If you enjoy detailing and don't mind investing in the proper tools I'd suggest heading over to Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Discussion Forum The members there have great tips and suggestions for every skill level. I started using lackfire products on my 2013 CBP Accord and won't go back to anything else. I originally used Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax and Megs Ultimate Spray Detailer and got great results, but theproducts are on a different level as far as shine and durability. The only down side is the cost.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-31-2014, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Thank you for the suggestion but those links are not allowed for their free advertising..Sorry..

But Thank You for joining the forums..

Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 AM
Almost A Senior Member

In fore thought of having a running honda again i got some meguiars wax and a clay bar,,only to find the used trans from pick and pull is no good, so the honda sits, till we can fix it,, the wax is on the kitchen table sadly. It really is a personal choice, just make sure the car is clean and whatever product you choose will have a better chance of working.

Quick Reply: Best detailing products? Wax? Leather care?