Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Help me repair my newly damaged leather!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Help me repair my newly damaged leather!!!

So this is unfortunately what happened to my passenger seat after a friendly round of golf with friends. Honestly have no clue what could have done it. My buddy rode up in the seat, no wet shorts or anything like that or weird material. The only thing I can think of is I had a translucent folder laying up on the seat for several days carrying around items for business. I removed it before driving to our round, noticed no damage to the seat after we got there or at the turn, and then after our 4 and a half our round come back to the picture above. It wasn't even that hot of a day, mid 80's, but this time I did forget to put my window visor up.

I recently moved to phoenix and planned to deal with heat and sun damage, but this came on all of the sudden. Within a 5 hour window! My only thoughts is that the folder left some type of oil or film and the heat and sun sped up the process rapidly. It was somewhat sticky when I took it out, but nothing insane. Other than that literally have no clue. All I've done so far was wipe it down with a hot, wet rag. Haven't applied any leather conditioner or anything. The affected area is also hard and crispy when tapping it, and as you can see the texture is affected as well. Please tell me this isn't permanent. I know I would have to battle the sun up here, but this definitely brought it to my attention more than ever in preventative measures.

Here is the folder that was left on the seat. I alway try to park in shade or cover my windshield when parking in direct sunlight. Any suggestions are appreciated on helping return this to as normal as I can get. Thanks everyone.

Attached Thumbnails Help me repair my newly damaged leather!!!-802356e5-ed6a-49b1-ba5e-9783f9bf11fa.jpg   Help me repair my newly damaged leather!!!-a9ef1dfb-ea78-452c-93b1-3e30e3e3e646.jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So I guess question is if any home restoration method will help bring it back to somewhat normal appearance and feel. A leather seat restoration company quoted me about $350, but they replace the whole sheet (seat bottom?) of leather. I think I would like to try a home method first. Any good cleaners or techniques?

Old 04-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

I use lexol leather products on mine but I can say if it will be able to "restore" the damage.