Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Remove dirt/wear from center console

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Default Remove dirt/wear from center console

I have a spot on my center console about 2 inches in size of pure black where it has worn and dirt has been grinded in the spot. Does anyone know of any way to get the spot out or lighten it up?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

what is the console made out of? I'd recommend elbow grease, soap and a sponge. Or try unscented hand sanitizer rubbed in. Is it just a buildup of oils from your elbow? It should come out easy with some rubbing.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by kozlo
what is the console made out of? I'd recommend elbow grease, soap and a sponge. Or try unscented hand sanitizer rubbed in. Is it just a buildup of oils from your elbow? It should come out easy with some rubbing.
It is made out of cloth just like the rest of the interior. Its a spot where the cloth has worn over the years and dirt has got into the spot and made it black. Ive tried special upholstery cleaner that I used to clean the stains out of my seat made of cloth and it worked perfect and got them right out. But it is having trouble getting the stain/worn spot on the center console to lighten up.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

okay. dont rub if the fabric is worn lol. I was assuming it was a vinyl/leather console, not a fabric. What is in the upholstery cleaner that you used? I recommend a special upholstery cleaner that uses cleaning chemicals and bacterial enzymes to get that dirt out. And dab, don't rub if you can to get it out. I use stuff at work called stevens brand terminator, its a combination odor eliminator/fabric shampoo, but its local to my area specifically. I just did a quick google search and found these guys, ask about their falcon blue product, that may be the ticket. or their fabric cleaning products. Hope i've helped you a little...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by kozlo
okay. dont rub if the fabric is worn lol. I was assuming it was a vinyl/leather console, not a fabric. What is in the upholstery cleaner that you used? I recommend a special upholstery cleaner that uses cleaning chemicals and bacterial enzymes to get that dirt out. And dab, don't rub if you can to get it out. I use stuff at work called stevens brand terminator, its a combination odor eliminator/fabric shampoo, but its local to my area specifically. I just did a quick google search and found these guys, ask about their falcon blue product, that may be the ticket. or their fabric cleaning products. Hope i've helped you a little...
Thank you!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 AM

If the fabric is badly worn, the console is also very easy to replace and not too expensive. Sometimes you can find lightly used interior parts on eBAY.