Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Wet Paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Default Wet Paint

[I'm going to copy and paste this from another forum I participate in. I didn't place this information previously because Auto Geek was a paying sponser and I didn't think it right for me to do so. This was written roughly one year+ ago and I use the product to this day. Since I wrote this I have used the product on MANY cars and 50+ other applications. It is absolutely killer. I don't sell it but I've used it enough to answer questions intelligently so ask away. Wheelbroker, this stuff will make you grin because it's SO easy for us old farts to use and provides the look of all day with a buffer......but without the buffer.[/i]

About two weeks ago I stumbled across and ordered this:
http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/

With trepidation I applied it to my gal's dirty Corolla. It performed exactly as advertised. I put the car out in the sun and looked in vain for scratches, none to be found. The finish was indeed slick and looked wet. The glass was astounding in its clarity and reflection. WOW is all I could say.

Next I tried it on a neighbor's horridly filthy black car, complete with white water stains all over it from the Texas mineral content water. Not only did it remove the built up filth on the car but it also took care of the water spots....they were removed completely! The paint was as new including a fender that had been repainted. It was difficult to see the difference between the old and the new.

Then I tried it on a few different surfaces as described on the website......glass, mirrors, porcelain sinks, counter tops.......it worked on every one! Holy Smoke!!

No, I don't sell or represent it but I'm damn glad to have found it. I would like to represent it.

All surfaces are so slick that dirt just doesn't stick. Glass, painted surfaces (car), and others simply wipe clean or rinse off.

I am blown away by this stuff and took two weeks of trials before I wrote this tonight.

Here's my take on this stuff--

+ easy apply & removal, even with dirty (not mud caked) surfaces.
+ no scratching.
+ use el cheapo terrycloth towels, microfiber just doesn't work as well.
+ amazing slick finish even after two weeks.
+works on many surfaces.
+ glass will wipe clean with a single swipe two weeks later.

-fine spray spritzes product in areas that need to be cleaned with a detail brush. Door handle areas, crevices, etc.
- requires applicator from manufacturer but it works so well I can't really moan about it.
- If applied too heavily, which I did, dusting is apparent. It's easily taken care of with a California Duster. The best bet is to read the directions, and apply sparingly.

So far I've used this in roughly 20 different applications and I'm blown away each and every time. I wish I had found this years ago.

Is it a substitute for the buffer? No
Scratch removal? Not so hot
Can it take the place of waterless wash and quick detailer?
Yes....in spades.

Can you tell I'm blown away with this stuff?
I HIGHLY recommend.

It earned me a full detail job this coming Tues. just from the demo.

I'm ordering more!

Since I first wrote this I found out that it does remove light marring/scratches when used with a Porter Cable buffer. I have at least a grand worth of products in my detailing arsenal and this one works for 95% of the detaililing problems I encounter. It's just that good. There is no need to top it with wax, it stands out by itself and is VERY long lasting. Expect 3-6 months after two applications, preferably done one immediately behind the other.....done by hand.
17mm rear anti sway bar
AEM Short Ram Intake
DC Sports SS Header
Kicker Speakers

[IMG]local://upfiles/127/EBBF26FF40FD4E8CBEDCD43507C2BD9A.jpg[/IMG] This is my car, same as in the gallery. Click for large pic. Done by hand with terrycloth towels and Wet Paint. I have more but they need to be resized to fit here.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Wet Paint

WOO .. this thing sounds great i am definatelly going to give it a try..,, thanks for posting it ..

Old 05-13-2006, 03:51 AM

You will find it well worth the money and time spent. If you are going to work on one or two cars order a "Combo Pack" as shown on their website. It will do a Civic sized car 12-15 times. I've done eight F-250 size 4 door long beds with a single Combo Pack and had a tad left over. This was done outside so I lost a bit of product to windage which they advise you to be aware of. It works on anything that is non porous. After the car do your furniture and mirrors with it, you just won't believe your own eyes. Chrome, stainless, non porous counter tops? You just won't believe the outcome. TEX< TEX< can I use It On My Almost Bald Head?Will It Make It Shine [sm=happy046.gif] Angelo

Simple example for household use: use it on the mirror in the bathroom where you shave and brush your teeth. A MONTH later wipe all the splatters off of your mirror with any old towel and the crud just disappears. No windex, no nothing, just wipe it off with a towel. As far as the car goes, bird caca, bugs, tar, just wipe off. If it's really sticky just give it a spritz with WP and wipe it off. I've never come across anything like this before and detailing cars is my only income. I'm sure you will find even more uses for it than I have.

DH- You excel in repairs, I excel in oil knowledge and detailing products......we both have something to bring to the table. If I find an exceptional product I want to make everyone aware of it. On the other hand, if I bought a turd.....I want everyone to know about it too.

Rick

Old 05-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

DH- You excel in repairs, I excel in oil knowledge and detailing products......we both have something to bring to the table. If I find an exceptional product I want to make everyone aware of it. On the other hand, if I bought a turd.....I want everyone to know about it too.

Rick

AMEN to that...

Old 05-13-2006, 05:00 PM

Here's another taken the same day:

[IMG]local://upfiles/127/503D28F6D0B14FC497F3192D6E830CCF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Man O' Man that'sa nice lookin shine [sm=bounceybounce.gif] I will be ordering some of that myself, we will do the show car with it and see if it will do the opaque white pearl job justice like it did your car..
That product should be sold every wher'es..I wonder why I've never seen it before Tex..
Thanks for the information on this product and the websites link..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-13-2006, 11:57 PM

Ang,

It is exceptional on white. I just did a Toyota truck with it (used the buffer to save time) and it had a liquid look shine. This was on old single stage paint.
White pearl clearcoat will really pop.

If you have any questions about the product lay them on me. When you order tell them Rick in Texas sent ya'!

Wheelbroker, you've got PM!

Old 05-30-2006, 03:46 PM
ftgibson
Unregistered

Has anyone else noticed that the product contains kerosene? Why does this not sound like a good idea to do? Its not like I'd go to the gas station and pump fuel on my car to watch it shine. I realize that most polish has some type of alcohol.... but kerosene seems like its a bit more harsh. what does this do to your paint / clearcoat over time?

Old 05-30-2006, 04:02 PM

I just bought some of that turtle wax ice polish to try and make my wonderful (not) Macco paintjob look decent. It looked awesome for a day or too but it seems like it's gone after 2 rain storms we had. Maybe I'll try this wet paint stuff...

Old 05-30-2006, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: ftgibson

Has anyone else noticed that the product contains kerosene? Why does this not sound like a good idea to do? Its not like I'd go to the gas station and pump fuel on my car to watch it shine. I realize that most polish has some type of alcohol.... but kerosene seems like its a bit more harsh. what does this do to your paint / clearcoat over time?

It also has 30+ other ingredients in it which apparently all work together. What does it do long term? Well, my gals's 3 year old Corolla's paint looks brand new and mine looks better than new. I know of a ten year old Mitsubishi that has never had anything but WP on it and it is awesome. The fact (from their website) that it has been produced and continually improved for 18 years speaks volumes to me. I'll continue to use it once or twice a month. I have only washed my car ONCE this year and that's because it was a total mud puppy from a long rainy trip. It was an easy wash at that.....dirt, bugs, sap, etc., have a tough time sticking to paint that has WP on it.

It does have very good longevity unlike some of the over the counter stuff.

Quick Reply: Wet Paint