2003-2007 Honda Accord V6-3.0L
Technical Service Bulletins Engine - Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement Instructions
November 1, 2008
2003-07 Accord V6 - ALL
2005-06 Odyssey LX, EX - ALL
2005-06 Pilot 4WD - ALL
2006-07 Ridgeline - ALL
Drive Belt Auto-Tensioner Replacement Instructions
Replacement drive belt auto-tensioners have been updated. Installing this updated auto-tensioner requires the lower timing cover to be trimmed slightly for clearance.
This service bulletin duplicates the instructions packaged with the drive belt auto-tensioner.
Trim the rib of the lower timing belt cover before installing the updated drive belt auto-tensioner.
1. Remove the drive belt and auto-tensioner
2. Raise the vehicle on a lift, and remove the right (passenger's) front wheel.
3. Remove the under cover from the right side to access the engine.
4. Looking in from the right front wheelwell opening, inspect the lower timing belt cover's rib.
^ If the rib is untrimmed (as in the 1st illustration link below), go to step 5.
^ If the rib is already trimed (as in the 2nd illustration link below), go to step 6.
5. As shown below, use a die grinder or a utility knife to trim off a 3-mm section of the lower timing belt cover.
6. Reinstall the right side under-cover.
7. Reinstall the right-front wheel, and lower the vehicle.
8. Install the new drive belt auto-tensioner.
9. Reinstall the drive belt.
the link above shows where to trim the lower t-belt cover ,, you need a PDF reader to see the pictures