Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Does ground wire system really help your cars as they claimed to be ..

Old 03-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Default Does ground wire system really help your cars as they claimed to be ..

I want to buy the ground wire system for my Sedan but im not sure if they're as good as they claimed to be..
this is wat they claimed:
-provides better ground electrical current passages from battery -negative to body frame, chassis and engine components to stabilized revolution
-Provides higher torque in both low and medium power bands
-Faster throttle response
-Stabilize engine at high RPM
-Gain instant 5-8 Horse Power
-Improve starting adeptness, response and reduce fuel consumption
but .. it sounds too good to be true..
does anyone have any ideas?

Old 03-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Does ground wire system really help your cars as they claimed to be ..

Things will improve a little, but not 5 to 8 hp worth. And if your car has good grounds already you most likely wont notice anything. But if you already have mods setup you probably wont noticing anything if your ground wires were bad because the mods usually make up for the lacking of a back ground system.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Default RE: Does ground wire system really help your cars as they claimed to be ..

my friend put one on his civic and he says that it was a waste of money. it doesnt do anything. but i hear that you have to run a lot of electronics for it to work right. or a lot of power.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

even with a lot of electronics it wont change all that much, you have to keep in mind, that the car itself is a ground and thats where all the electronics ground to. But the thing is if you have a lot of high power electronics in there on a battery and a stock alternator, your going to kill the alternator and every battery you put in it. Thats why you see a lot of systems with an after market alternator, 2 batteries and a cap or two. Ive heard of 3 or 4 alternators running in a car for powering everything

Old 04-05-2006, 04:11 AM

hmm impressive.. thanks for the replies guys