Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

dont know where to put this post.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Default dont know where to put this post.

my brake lights dont work when the pedal is pushed. the bulbs are good. they work when i hit my turn sigs. the little box mounted on the back of the left light is also good.(i tryed a new one, didnt work.) its like the brke control module or some sh-. anybody be able to tell me any other possible solutions. the STOP fuse is good as well.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Default RE: dont know where to put this post.

crawl under the dash, look at the brake pedal, at the top of the pedal is a little "switch" with a plunger that activates the brake lights when it's pushed, try pushing that in manually and see if they come on, if not make sure that you have power to it and that all your fuses are good. Then for more help post what kind of car you have

Old 10-18-2007, 03:22 PM

Hey nasty.......check out his signature

Old 10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

check ALL your fuses. Honda fuses have some wierd things with em. for example, youd think pulling the ECU fuse would reset the ECU! nope, its the radio/backup fuse that resets it. I once shorted a power window motor and blew a power mirror fuse. I repeat, check ALL the fuses. (you dont have to pull them all unless you cant see the filament inside the fuse. theres a little tool in the interior fuse box called a "fuse puller" (creative name) that makes it way easier to remove fuses.
dont forget, there is a fuse box under the hood and one by the pedals.
if you checked all the fuses and their all fine, try starting the car and press the brake. Every time you press it down you should hear a click inside the shifter. This releases the lock for the park gear. if you dont hear the click and all the fuses are fine, your brake switch doesnt work. look under the steering column for a little switch that gets pushed every time the brake is pushed. (looks more like a small DC motor than a switch) If the end is being pushed in when the brake is being pushed, the switch is broken. If the switch doesnt get pushed in when the brake is pushed, you need to adjust it somehow. I doubt the problem is with the wiring unless someone was messing around under the steering column or door sill.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

uhhh .... nasty?!? I think that you have the button backwards .... when it is depressed is when you are not hitting the brake. It's normally closed, but not in the normal position when the brake pedal arm is holding the circuit open. I'm sure that you know this, but your post is inaccurate[sm=smiley2.gif]