Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

f23a1 Hungry for HP

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Default f23a1 Hungry for HP

I Have an F23a1 with a auto tranny, i know it sukx. one big problem, that im not too experience with cars and i dnt know 2 much about swaps but my enthusiasm to learn is huge!!. im gona need alot of help from you guys, pls HELP! im also duing research almost every day I want to do some big upgrades to gain more HP. i have done some researches and I want to start with upgrading my pistons to K20 and head to the H22. any ideas how to begin this adventure.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Supper Moderator

ok since you have no idea what your doing. doing a G series engine build is out of the question for you. There are WAYYYYY too many headaches. 90% of the ppl who do a h22 head swap on a F series block bails on the project. There is too much B.S involved into this swap. Trust me I know (I'm still working on my g22 vtec set up) Your gonna spend close to a h22 swap. You might just want to do a full h22 swap with a LSD trans and call it a day. Doing a h22 head swap will cost just as much if not more than a h22 swap.

But it's up to you on what your gonna do. I can only give my input and knowledge. Only thing I'm gonna tell you is to search for months before attempting to do ANYTHING to your car. You need to do MONTHS of research for stuff like this....

Old 03-01-2012, 03:52 PM

I agree with g22cd5.. If you're new and unexperienced, don't even attempt a frankenstein build. And I'd say don't try swapping internal parts either until you're more experienced.. Intake and exhaust upgrades are usually a good and easy start for a beginner to get some extra power.
And listen to g22cd5 when he says to search for months before doing upgrades! I've researched which engine to get for at least 2 months before finally choosing the h23a vtec, and I'm glad I did.
So yeah I'd just suggest this to anybody. Unless you really know what you're doing, put off a full engine swap or frankenstein build until you're really sure you're ready.
It's your choice though! if you are going to do something like that, I'd be rooting for you!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
czr

why not just boost a stock F23A1? considering it would get more power from a turbo then a H22 or H23. yes i know the danger of blowing the motor but atleast its a mod you can just remove. without really spending the money for a swap. so i think....

Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by czr
why not just boost a stock F23A1? considering it would get more power from a turbo then a H22 or H23. yes i know the danger of blowing the motor but atleast its a mod you can just remove. without really spending the money for a swap. so i think....
Boosting on a auto trans won’t last much after your tuner gets the tune perfect on the dyno. By that time your trans will be on its last leg. Hondas auto trans just can’t handle any more power over stock they just fail. Quite fast might I add. Also I wouldn’t trust the f23 rangelands…they are pretty weak