Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Sounds stupid, but in all seriousness.... power programmer/performance chip

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Sounds stupid, but in all seriousness.... power programmer/performance chip

So don't hate me because I know it sounds pretty farfetched, but looking for a cheapish way to increase the torque/horsepower in my 4 cylinder Accord. Yes I know very funny, but its what I drive and I like it, but I also like a little more power than what it gives me (A LOT MORE POWER). It doesn't compare to my old small block '93 350 chevy K1500! But anyway, I was looking at power programmers aka computer chips to increase a car's torque or horsepower through the computer, not mechanically. I don't want to make any changes to my exhaust system or put the money into anything else, so you wise guys that say buy a V6 instead, it's not an option sadly.

So I was wondering if anyone here has personally ever dealt with the programmers or any type of performance chip on a car similar to my Accord. I have read reviews and it looks like the majority of users of the chips are "American made" trucks (dodge, chevy, ford etc.) Some say it works wonders some say the opposite. I wish everyone knew about their god dam car so it could be simpler but unfortunately 95% of this country doesn't know how a car runs. So, if anyone has any advice, all ears open. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

@Johanson2424, unless your car is turbocharged from the factory (it isn't), then an aftermarket chip or program flash won't do diddly for power/performance. The fact is, Honda is a very good job optimizing the power from your engine and short of buying a different car or spending a lot of money on a turbocharger setup, there really isn't anything you can do which will yield meaningful results.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by shipo
@Johanson2424, unless your car is turbocharged from the factory (it isn't), then an aftermarket chip or program flash won't do diddly for power/performance. The fact is, Honda is a very good job optimizing the power from your engine and short of buying a different car or spending a lot of money on a turbocharger setup, there really isn't anything you can do which will yield meaningful results.

Well thank you for your timely, kind, and truthful response. I had a pretty good feeling it was a bogus request, but why not right? Thanks bruh!