Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Update on my car

Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default Update on my car

Well I was chasing a knocking/rattling noise for a long time, I narrowed it down to being in the head. I adjusted all the valves and it still makes the noise. The only other thing I can think of is it is the LMAs, they are about $80 to replace and you have to take out the cams and rocker assemblies. So I am not too happy about that.

Then it decided it wanted to start blowing white smoke. Check the oil and sure enough its milky. Blown headgasket...........awesome. Especially seeing you cannot buy another one for these engines. The one place online that used to sell them no longer does.

At this point I am at a complete loss. I really don't know what to do. The car has been off the road for almost 3 years. In that time I have dumped thousands of dollars into it and right now its looking like it will need thousands more.

I don't know if its worth spending the 100s of dollars and hours and hours of labor taking apart this engine and fixing what is wrong with it or swapping back to a h22 or f22. Each of which might have their own problems. I am honestly so sick of this car, and if it had any monetary value it would be gone.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Supper Moderator

Just ship it on down t fl I take her off your hands lol.

Just get a custom HG made by cosmetic. They have the template for your engine. Gonna cost you 150bucks but I'm sure that’s how much to find one would cost anyways. As for the head I told you buy my h22 head from me and you can swap over since you need to pop the head anyways. My head is good and will add few more ponies up top. Plus with my ported manifold. That would end up being cheaper than tearing down your f20 head. But that’s all up to you offer is out there just got to get with me so we can talk details and such. You know how to get a hold of me Cam let me know son.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

I actually contacted Cometic and they said they said they would not make one. So I emailed Bisimoto and they said they would so I ordered it and it should be here in a week or so.

As far as the head I'm hoping the noise might be the compression leaking out, but if not I'll replace the LMAs

Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Supper Moderator

I’m surprised they won’t make you one. They were gonna make me one for my g22 I don’t see why they can’t make one for a engine that is already out there that honda makes. Talks about stupid....Bisi ppl are good. I think them allot...glad they got you taken care of