General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

**04 H.Accord Door Lock/Unlock issue**

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:50 AM
sharky06
Unregistered
Default **04 H.Accord Door Lock/Unlock issue**

Ok guys, i need your help. My wifes 04 honda accord has a locking and unlocking prob. The key remote doesnt unlock/lock either door. From within, the driver side can control unlocking/locking of the doors. Whats wrong with it?

Funny thing, when i press down the door lock and press the lock button the horn sounds. When i dont press down the door lock the horn doesnt sound.

Battery is fine...

Fuse/ actuator? Thanks for the help guys.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

It's likely a damaged remote. Suggest searching ebay or www for source of replacement. The switches on these get a lot of stress due to energetic pressing. The solder connections of the switches fail due to this stress. Generally not repairable, unless you're a brain surgeon w/ micro tools (I tried and failed miserably). You need a soldering iron about the size of an ice pick tip. Fortunately remotes are generally inexpensive and readily available. The 04 may require Honda or locksmith's assistance to reprogram.

good luck

Old 05-30-2009, 05:10 PM
sharky06
Unregistered

I have a second key. Will try that. Good call...Hope thats the case.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Battery inside the remote??

If you get an ebay key, then swap the internals. Use the actual metal key from the old key, so it works in the locks. There's also a small RFID chip that you want to keep; that's for the immobilizer. Swap out the guts of the remote-lock transmitter.

My 2003 can program additional remotes just like my former 98...

1) Unlock Doors
2) Turn ignition key to "ON" position (II)
3) Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the remote
4) Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position (0, I)
5) Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position
6) Press lock or unlock
7) Turn key to off position
8) on position
9) lock or unlock
10) off position
11) on position
12)lock or unlock - doors should cycle to indicate successful programming. If you only have one remote, turn ignition to off or don't touch anything. if you have 2+ remotes, go to 13:
13) lock on each transmitter that you need to program

*Steps 2-12 must be performed within 5 seconds of each other. Step 13 can be performed within 10 seconds of step 12.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:54 AM
sharky06
Unregistered

no i am using the spare key.

Doesnt see like its the case. The passenger side is able to control the locking and unlocking of only the passenger side. The driver side can only unlock the passenger but not locking. I have no idea anymore. Doesnt sound liek anything at all...lol...

Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 PM
kaih23
Unregistered

try replacing the actuator. I had to replaced both passenger and driver side. It seems these are pretty common to go bad.