General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[S] Light is Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 04:18 PM
moranger
Unregistered
Default [S] Light is Flashing

I have a 1990 Honda Accord EX and the green [S] sports light on my dash started blinking. My car feels like it is driving on a lower gear. What could I check for can someone help me? It happend once before and all I did was turn the car off and on again and the flashing stopped. Is it major?

Old 05-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Default RE: [S] Light is Flashing

i dont know much abotu forth gens but i know someone who does ill try to ask him next time i see him ( might be a few days hopefully u will figure it out by then)

Old 05-07-2005, 04:40 PM

i thought [S] lights is for service and not for sports the blinking is indicating that Transmission control module has detected a problem with the tranny.

First of all that you have to do is to get the code from the car of what is wrong.

now... to get the code :

under the glove compartment theres a service (i don't know) like a plug or a connector - it consists of only 2 pins - you have to jump wire it - just connect a piece of wire to the connector to jump it.

Turn the ignition ON - the [S] light will start blinking indicating a code - short blinks indicates a number between 1-9 and long blinks indicate a number x 10 (Example : 7 short blinks indicates code: #7, Example: 1 long blink followed by 3 short blinks indicates code: #13 etc...)

Read the code and tell us what it is...we'll start from there.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:54 PM
moranger
Unregistered

Well I checked the right (since there was two) red LED display on the ECU and it flashed 1, 2, 7, 8 times with a long pause in between each. I also shorted the blue connector under the dash on the passenger side and I got the same results the 1, 2, 7, 8 short flashes on the green [S] light display. I only said sports light because my car has a normal/sports button on the gear shifter that turns [S]green when pressed in sports position.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:23 PM

well, you must be doing something wrong.. there is only 15 codes ( 1through 15) that it can give you

the ECM led will also indicate the code but you have to make sure that the service connector is jumped.

Try to get the code again or may be find a garage that can diagnose the code for you.

without the code I can't help you

[sm=pimp.gif]