General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

03 Honda Accord compressor not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Lew
Unregistered
Default 03 Honda Accord compressor not coming on

Hi All

Im new to this forum . All of a sudden my honda a/c stopped working. The light comes on inside the car saying that the A/C is on but no cold air comes out of the vents. I tried checking the fuses and they check out fine.

I do not hear the compressor engaging when the A/C is on so i'm guessing its that. Is there a way to check this without going to a dealer?

Really would like to fix it myself its something simple.

Thank you

Old 06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Default RE: 03 Honda Accord compressor not coming on

For starters check all the fuses under the hood as well, then get a voltmeter and see if you are getting power to the A/C compressor when you turn it on (having someone there to help engage/dis-engage the A/C makes testing easier) If you are getting power but it's still not kicking on then remove the wires, clean all your connections and try it again, if the same issue remains then we'll go from there.... if it is actually coming on but not blowing cold air then I'd start with a DIY refill kit with the dye in it so you can check for leaks.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Lew
Unregistered

Not sure how to go about checking the wires or where to start. I dont see any wires. There is however a plug next to the compressor which I removed and cleaned both male and female connectors

I checked all the fuses both under the hood and also inside the car. I switched around the relays with same Voltage rating. nothing happened

Something I observed today was that there was refrigerant dried up on the **** of the low pressure line. But this means I do not have a leak. Is this correct or even relevant?

Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM

There should be a couple of different wires going to the compressor, sometimes they are on the underside of it...