General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

03 V6 Spark Plug Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 PM
gdr_11
Unregistered
Default 03 V6 Spark Plug Replacement

How difficult is it to replace plugs on an 03 Accord EX Coupe V6? I hate to pay the dealer for this if it is something easy to do.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Default RE: 03 V6 Spark Plug Replacement

it's super simple... I wouldn't pay a dealer to do it... Basically you need a deepwell spark plug socket (5/8" I believe) a 6" or so extension a ratchet and a gap gauge. Pull the new spark plug out of the package, verify that it's the proper gap (the auto parts store should tell you what it's supposed to be), pull the spark plug wire off one of the plugs, put the socket on the old plug and remove it, insert the new plug (start the new spark plug by hand to make sure that you're not crossthreading it don't use the ratchet intially) once the threads are started put the socket on the extension and tighten it down, grip the head of the ratchet to tighten it, you don't need to use the end to make sure that you don't over tighten them. Put the spark plug wire back onto the plug and move on to the next one. Just do it one at a time and you'll have no problems! Just reply to this with additional questions or you can PM me while you're doing the job and if I'm around (Usually 9:00am-6:00pm mountain time) I'll help you out.