General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Accord - Rear Defrost Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Default 07 Accord - Rear Defrost Not Working

2007 - Honda Accord - 2.4L 4 CYL

My rear defrost is not working at all. The light comes on when I press the button, but I don't believe I am hearing a click either when it does turn on. It also does not turn off after any amount of time.

With that being the case what areas are the best to check for the root cause? Keep in mind I'm pretty dense when it comes to cars so feel free to explain things like I'm an idiot. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

First things to check are the fuses. For the under hood fuse box, check the No. 14 (40A) and No. 2 (30A) fuses. No. 2 is if you have an EX or EX-L. (Your owner's manual will show this too.)

Also check the No. 30 (7.5A) fuse in the under dash fuse box.

With the button/switch light coming on, the fuses may possibly be okay; but, check them anyway just in case.

If fuses are okay, move on to the rear window and visually inspect the defogger lines on the window for cuts/breaks.

If that is okay, it may possibly be the rear defogger relay located in the under hood fuse/relay box.

There can be other causes too for it not working. But, I am not going to get into those due to it becoming more complicated.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Accord - Rear Defrost Not Working-under-hood-fuses.jpg   07 Accord - Rear Defrost Not Working-under-dash-fuses.jpg   07 Accord - Rear Defrost Not Working-under-hood-fuse-relay-box.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I second the above poster, as I experienced a problem with my rear defrost not working also. It was one of the fuses. My Accord, a 98, never turns the rear defrost off after an amount of time, but maybe that's just a difference in the age of the car.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
First things to check are the fuses. For the under hood fuse box, check the No. 14 (40A) and No. 2 (30A) fuses. No. 2 is if you have an EX or EX-L. (Your owner's manual will show this too.)

Also check the No. 30 (7.5A) fuse in the under dash fuse box.

With the button/switch light coming on, the fuses may possibly be okay; but, check them anyway just in case.

If fuses are okay, move on to the rear window and visually inspect the defogger lines on the window for cuts/breaks.

If that is okay, it may possibly be the rear defogger relay located in the under hood fuse/relay box.

There can be other causes too for it not working. But, I am not going to get into those due to it becoming more complicated.
Would this be the same setup for a 2003 coupe V6? Same problem.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

They are in the same "generation", '03 to '07 are the 7th......

Old 12-05-2011, 06:43 AM

Thanks poorman. Let this rain pass and I will follow the steps listed to try and get this problem resolved.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, most of the time I hear about ya'll needing rain

Let us know how it goes.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:58 AM

Now it's cold. Went out to move this car out of the drive this morning and pushed the RWD button on the panel and it lit up, as it always has, but the device does not work. Will go through the fuse check later.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Please educate me on how to tell if a relay is bad! I don't think this is a visual reading is it?

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by ltl lifer
Please educate me on how to tell if a relay is bad! I don't think this is a visual reading is it?
Check youtube for some very good video tutorials. Put this search string in: "Auto Repair & Mechanics : How to Test a Car Relay"

Quick Reply: 07 Accord - Rear Defrost Not Working