General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 Accord LX 5 speed - more questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Default 1993 Accord LX 5 speed - more questions!

I have some more questions about my 93' Accord LX 5 speed. Please bear with me. I have a less than desirable Chilton service manual. It's not very "in-depth" on a lot of subjects.

1. My cold/hot heat control dial only turns to just past the start of the hot area. I can force it to hot but it springs back to about the 2 o'clock position. I am guessing this is cable operated (watched a youtube vid for a 94'). Where should I be looking for the controller at the other end of the cable? Will I be removing a bunch of stuff to access it?

2. I am in need of a drivers side CV axle. I have done these before (driver and passenger on a maxima, 1 passenger side accord, and 1 passenger side dodge minivan). I crawled under my 93' Accord. I'm trying to determine if the CV axle disconnects at the brace bolted on the motor or if it slips through there and actually pops out of the manual trans. My local auto parts store didn't have any in stock to look at. They did show it being 23 1/2" end to end. If thats the case, it would have to come out of the "intermediate" shaft, correct?

I do appreciate the help from the highly knowledgeable people here!

Old 01-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

On #1. My son inherited my '93 and he complained about pretty much the same thing soon after he had it.

Seems that his girlfriend had pushed up the passenger floor mat to where it obstructed the cable, wheel or whatever 'under the dash.' With big smile he said it was the easiest repair he'd ever done. Hope yours is the same.

Welcome to forum.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

The heater control is cable operated in a 93 accord. I don't know if there is somewhere where you can take up the slack like in other cables. Check in the engine bay where is connects to the heater core valve. Spraying some PB blaster may loosen up the valve where you can turn it from inside the car.

The CV "axel" is pulled from the intermediate shaft. Search youtube for some good ericthecarguy videos on how to remove the axel.