General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1995 Honda Accord Won't Turn Over

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 PM
mattmosman
Unregistered
Default 1995 Honda Accord Won't Turn Over

Hello all....I just replaced my battery in my 95 accord and when I went to start the engine it would not turnover, crank, anything. I checked all the fuses, the connections on the battery, the starter, the solenoid, etc...and everything is getting power to it. Everything in the interior works electrically along with the headlights, etc...Also, it started up fine this morning when I went to go get the new battery. Any help or suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: 1995 Honda Accord Won't Turn Over

You dont have some kind of security system on your car that would be affected by changing out the battery, do you? Sometimes if you have alarm with a starter kill or something like that, it can screw it up when you change the battery and it has some kind of reset procedure. I dont know what that procedure might be, however.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

that's what it sounds like to me as well ( after market alarm system )

Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 AM
mattmosman
Unregistered

No...the security system is factory. I did see something under the steering wheel (red blinking light) that I am pretty sure is a factory security system....byt there is no car alarm or anything like that. I did have the factory radio replaced last week but that was before I changed the battery and everything worked fine. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Old 01-03-2007, 03:47 PM

What was the car doing that lead you to believe it needed a new battery? Did it ever crank or turn over or anything? Does it make any noise at all? If it does absoloutley nothing not even "click and dim the lights" then it may well be an aftermarket system of some sort.... Look around the edge under the hood for a "post" sticking up that presses in, that's a common feature for aftermarket alarms and even if someone disables the alarm they often leave that in there...

Old 01-03-2007, 06:00 PM

is your car in park... lol

Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM

if its not an alarm or something like that.. meaning electrical from your radio install.. which there is a high chance it could be ..because that does happen often.. got a friend owns a shop.. al and eds..

and that does happen..well if its not that.. i will give you very valuable information on your starting problem..

on the other side of where you insert your key..
the other side of the colum.. direct opisit side
you will have to remove the steering wheel colum covers and you will see a little white circular thing with two fat wires on there.. remove the retaining screws and check to see that the male end coming through the colum from the iginition or key insert is working. by using your key.. if so .. then check the female end on the white circulat thing.. rotate it with a screw driver or key.. be careful cause your car will turn on.. if that doesnt work ..open the white circular thing and there will be some contacts in there that become dirty or gather build up.. this happens to almost all hondas..put people get jacked by mechanics .. [ohh its your alternater/ohh its your starte/ ohh its your damm engine.. lol. whatever. ] but yeah man clean those contacts and check and reinstall reverse order.. that will be your problem it isnt the radio install..

ps.. i found out that thats how you jacked cars if you dont have a master key..

pss.. make sure you do this in a secure area so that no one sees.. cuz.. they will see how to jack a car..

lov my accord and still dropping burners..

Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Default 1995 honda accord, 2.7l ex, won't turn over!!!

HELP!!! My 1995 Honda Accord EX 2.7L will not turn over. We have changed the starter, distributor,ignition coil, ignition switch, EFI relay switch, and timing belt was changed about a year ago. The only thing that happens now is that it will start occassionally. For example, within the last week it has not turned over at all. This morning I got in it to start it up and it started on the first try. I then drove it Advanced Auto to see if they had any idea of what else could possibly be the problem or who else I could take it that could possibly help me and it started back up and I drove it home. An hour after parking it in my yard I tried to start it up again and it would not turn over. I'm FRUSTRATED and STUMPED!!!!! Please help. This is my only means of transportation and school is about to start.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have a volt meter or test light. I like to work backwards, meaning - when you try to start the car, what is the voltage on the small wire on the starter?

What is the voltage on the big cable to the starter?

From there, is this an auto or manaul trans? Do you have an alarm system installed on this car, if so is it a dealer installed or aftermarket - these did not come from the factory with one.