General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed in installing fog/driving lights for 97 accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Default Help needed in installing fog/driving lights for 97 accord

I have a 97 accord LX V6.
I have seen a couple of accords from this generation with fog lights. I do not think there is any fog light assembly(may be dealer option) installed in my car.

I am thinking to put on some fog/driving lights, because here in colorado, driving in winter with snow gets pretty bad. And the driving lights make the car look good too.

I am pretty good with wires, but bad with drilling.
I saw some small round driving lights in WALMART(I know you are going to say, dont do walmart stuff).
I am just giving example, and I want to go the cheaper way, I am a student, cant afford expensive mods. May be ebay. But I want to know the specs first.

A couple of questions:
1. Is there any internal wiring in this model (97 accord LX v6) so I can just bolt on the driving lights.
2. Where to mount them on the front bumper cover? Want to mount it in the air duct below the bumper cover(conventional)
3. Planning to use the dummy button for dealer option sunroof next to the cruise button(no sun roof in mine).
4. I guess I can tap to the radio remote wire for the ON when car is running, or may be the headlight fuse(do not know the location).
5. What would be the specifications of the bulb/lights/wires/harness(if required) needed?

If anyone has any instructions on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

I just finished to add an amp and sub to the car thanks to keep_the_hope_alive for his simple instructions.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 PM

bump. Anyone got any info on this?

DO not Bump in the Forums Please...
it wastes time and space...

Old 10-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Hi Member..no one has an answer for this yet because it's in the wrong forum...I will move it so that when you see it (as in now) ..she will be in the correct forum..Don't feel bad..just look where you post for better quicker answers..
Now let's see if you get an answer.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I think that fog lights were an accessory for the 97.

The problem you will find is that the OEM sites only show 98+ accords accessories, so I don't have instructions. I am not sure how you want to wire it, so you don't cause unwanted electrical problems.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:23 PM

Thanks for bringing it up here on this forum WheelBrokerAng. Sorry about the mis-post.

Yup, I believe it was an accessory for 97. But there are no dummy slots in the front bumper cover even if I get the OEM ones. So I figured I will just bolt them on the lower lip ducts.
I looked at some of the driving lamps made by pilot at autozone. They look nice, but not sure how the quality is.
I want to wire them to the battery and the radio power ON wire or else the fuse which comes on with the ignition. Of course with a switch in between the battery and the turn on lead(fuse or the radio ON wire). I am planning to put the switch in the sun roof switch place or the dummy switch on the other side of the hazard lights. Will that pose a problem? additional load on the battery may be, but I do not plan on running them when the car is off. I did go through a post in the forum with the wiring diagram. But still I am going a bit confused because that post doesnt have instructions on how and where to mount them. Only have instructions on where to tap the turn on lead.
I just wanted a little more illumination since the winter is already here and I drive early mornings to school.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Although, the fog lights you're installing is different; just for info., these are the factory fog light instructions for the 1997 V6:

hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/aii/pages/accord/1997/18021_01.html

Last edited by redbull-1; 12-08-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the link. It helps me at least to get a general idea of where to mount and how to go through the wiring.
Now I need to decide on which lights to get, round ones, oval, rectangular?
Any suggestions?

Old 10-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

It's a personal choice.

When I had a 5th gen accord, I had aftermarket oval fog lights.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:59 PM

I am leaning towards oval or round fog lights as well.
There are blue lensed ones and clear lens ones. I guess I will go with the blue ones if the light is white you know. I dont want to get pulled over. lol.