General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Accord Coupe CD Player Error

Old 10-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Unhappy 2003 Accord Coupe CD Player Error

I have the stock cd player in my car it is the 6 disc changer, i went to listen to a cd yesterday and it all of the suddend decided not to work, and says error. It sounds like the cd is trying to play you can hear it spinning but it wont and it also wont eject any of the cds that are in there. the button on the radio that changes it to cd/auxiallary also isnt functioning but if i use the button on the stearing wheel it will go to the player... Can anybody tell me what i should do and if there is a way to fix this without replacing the stock stereo.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks redbull i will when i get off work!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies

redbull it didnt work... should i take the fuse out or disconnect the battery to reset the radio?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for about 15 minutes to see if it will reset. You will need the radio security code after the battery cable is reconnected.

This is the Honda technical service bulletin regarding the faulty units:
Honda TSB 03-017

There was an extended warranty on the units; but, I am not sure how long that was; but, you can always call Honda or the dealer to confirm.

I believe Alpine makes the units; so, if you cannot get it to reset and Honda will not cover it, then try contacting Alpine to see check their repair costs.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Administrator
Talking

Good info and guidance RedBull-1

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks for the help guys... she decided to fix herself before i got a chance to do anything... lol

Old 05-27-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for about 15 minutes to see if it will reset. You will need the radio security code after the battery cable is reconnected.

This is the Honda technical service bulletin regarding the faulty units:
Honda TSB 03-017

There was an extended warranty on the units; but, I am not sure how long that was; but, you can always call Honda or the dealer to confirm.

I believe Alpine makes the units; so, if you cannot get it to reset and Honda will not cover it, then try contacting Alpine to see check their repair costs.
I have a 2003 where the unit will not eject CDs. It results in an error. This started last fall, but I did find pulling the fuses (both) would reset the unit. After I put the code in, the CDs were found and playable as normal. However, it still would not eject. I've tried many things, but with the same result. I can get it to play, but asking it to eject kills the unit and requires resetting.

So, I pulled the unit thinking that perhaps I could spot something stuck or dirt or whatever. It quickly became clear that going the next step to actually open the area where the disks are stored and played would be pretty invasive and likely cause damage. So I put everything back together and reinstalled the unit. I did not open the actual radio / CD unit beyond the top cover. Now it does not find the CDs despite repeated resets. I didn't drop it or anything like that, and I would think the movement getting it out would have been no greater than what happens on a bumpy road. Any other ideas about getting the unit to reset? Seems odd that it doesn't even recognize there are disks. My recollection is that even when it would not access the disks, you could see them lined up at the top of the screen. Did I kill it entirely? (Radio still works.)