Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Default 2003 Honda Accord: How to Replace Starter?

So, I'm new here and did some searching and didn't find exactly what I'm looking for so I thought I'd make a post. I'm working on a 2003 Honda Accord with a 2.4 engine and automatic trans. It's been having slow sluggish starts and now wont crank over. It has a brand new battery but I tried jumping it anyway. My guess is that it's the starter. While holding the key in start, I heard a click and the engine slowly started to turn. But it doesn't fully turn over to start it. I located the starter behind the intake. What all do I have to do to change it? It seems like I gotta remove the intake along with unhooking all the plugs. Will I need a new intake gasket? Or is there some sort of reusable one? And what all do I need to know? Any help would be appreciated!
By the way, I'm not a rookie. I have worked on several cars and even rebuilt chevy and ford engines. I rarely work on these Honda type cars. And taking it to a shop is too much so I'm doing it myself. I just need some basics pointed out so I don't miss anything.
Thanks in advance!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
2005 Acura TSX

Copy and paste the link below into your browser. This is for the TSX engine, but the accord pretty much the same setup.

tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836078
Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhonda View Post
Copy and paste the link below into your browser. This is for the TSX engine, but the accord pretty much the same setup.

tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836078
Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 PM

Tags
03, 2003, accord, change, forum, honda, lx, removal, remove, removel, replace, rr, starter, stater, tsxacurazinecomforumsshowthreadphpt836078