General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
vsmith
Unregistered
Default 2004 Honda Accord

I'm having a problem with finding out what is wrong with my left hand turn signal.....i've replaced the turn signal switch and it still won't blink. do you have any suggestions? I don't have a warranty on it and is there a warranty on electrical parts?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Default RE: 2004 Honda Accord

welcome to the forum! and I hope this doesn't sound bad but have you checked to make sure your bulbs are ok? does anything blink at all when you turn it on? Have you checked your fuses? if you can answer yes to all of that then it could be the relay itself has gone bad and not making connection, do you hear the blinking noise at all when you turn it on?

Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 2004 Honda Accord

You would also want to replace if it needs it , the turn signal flasher and also check the hazard warning flasher too...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Scott Shure
Unregistered
Default Turn Signal Flasher

I too lost the left turn signals completely. They do not work with the turn signal switch or the hazard flasher. There is no sound from the flasher and the bulbs are OK. The right side works with the turn signal switch and the hazard flasher. Is the flasher just above the fuse box in the cabin? Can I probe at the flasher to verify the switch is working. Or otherwise how do I troubleshoot. I am experienced with this but do not have a manual or wiring diagram.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to another new guy...

Why do you think the bulb is OK? A 2-filament bulb with one filament burned out WILL light up for parking lights. That doesn't prove it's OK.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Scott Shure
Unregistered
Default Turn Signals

I think the bulbs are OK because I removed them and read very low resistance with my Fluke Multimeter. If I recall correctly only one bulb had two filiments but I was way into the electrics on a different car I have a schematic for over the weekend including getting front light clusters working so I might be confused.

Again, no left turn signals front or rear. The right turn signals work. Using the hazard switch results in only right signals blinking. Can I get a wiring diagram form someone or do I need to break down and buy one? Can someone detail the troubleshooting proceedure?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Scott, what year is your accord?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

He said it's 2004 (thread title). I don't think the manuals in the DIY section go that new...

A broken wire would have to be sufficiently far 'upstream' to affect both front & rear on one side. If that's it, it'll be a real PITA to find.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Scott Shure
Unregistered
Default 2004

Yes, it is a 2004 Accord.

Can someone who has a wiring diagram describe the basic troubleshooting?

For instance, if I knew where the flasher was and the pin assignments I could verify it is working and the wiring from the switch is good. Also, say something happened to one of the connectors that plugs into the light socket(s). I can check there for voltage which I will do when I have some time and it is not pouring but it would be nice to know that a problem there would or would not kill both front and rear. Also would be nice to know if a failure mode of either the turn signal or the hazard switch could cause this, ie series wiring.

If you do this sort of stuff and have a diagram I would think this would be the basics. I can chase the wiring but the above would save a lot of time?

Regards,

Scott

Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Default 2004 Left Side Turn Signal/Hazzard Problem

I also am experiencing the same failure condition with my 2004 Honda Accord.

I totally agree with Scott Shure's diagnosis of of the left turn signal/ hazzard lamps (front and back) failure to work. If the hazzard fuse (15 amp) is blown, then neither the left nor right side lamps will flash when energized. If that's the case, replace the fuse. But this is not the failure condition described here (left side does not work and right side works properly). I think the most likely problem relates to the flasher unit (one side has failed). Now the question is, where is the flasher part located in the vehicle? I would guess it is probably a plug-in part similar to a relay, but it is not included in either of the two fuse boxes (under-hood or interior) from what I can tell from reading the Honda Owner's Manual.

We just need a little more help here. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2004 Honda Accord