General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Honda Accord Radio Issue and Under Dash Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Default 2004 Honda Accord Radio Issue and Under Dash Noise

I just purchased a used 2004 honda accord EX 4cyl 83k miles. One morning after a few days of owning it, the radio was reset and asking for the code. Strangely enough the previous owner had the code in the glasses compartment (happened before?). So I punched in the code and the radio was fine for the rest of the day. Next morning same thing. The car starts fine, and runs fine so I don't think its the battery or charging system, but I am stumped.

Second issue arose the other day, after I put a few thousand miles on it. There is a noise that almost sounds like a mouse scratching under the dash on the drivers side. It only happens when the car is running, I've turned off the AC and it still seems to do it. I am totally stumped.

Side note, the driver side AC isn't nearly as cold as the passenger side. Low on freon?

Thanks for your help guys. Hopefully I'll be a troubleshooting expert soon.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 AM

So the noise hasn't happened again, but once again the radio reset itself this morning.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

You typically have to reenter the code when the battery is disconnected. I would disconnect the battery and clean all ends of both battery cables.

That would ensure that you have clean contacts.

After cleaning the cables, I would stop by an autoparts store and have them test the battery and alternator.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 AM

Cables were good and tight. Radio hasn't reset in 3 days now... No noise either, but I have a feeling the noise is HVAC related, and its been cold, so I haven't been running the AC. Blend door maybe?