General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Accord Timing Chain Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks, this is turning into a huge mess. I have talked to Honda America, they can't help unless the dealership changes the sludge statement. They did say that as long as I haven't signed anything, I shouldn't have to pay. Talked to the service manager on Thursday, he informed me that the head was at the machinists when I told him to stop working on the car and that I hadn't authorized any of this work he told me that he was going to figure out what was going on and give me the new estimate on Friday morning. Called him Friday afternoon still didn't have any info. It's now Tuesday and still no response.

The law in Maryland is that they cannot do work that is over 10% of the cost of the original estimate without authorization. I haven't authorized any additional work and even told them to stop working on the car.

Again DO NOT GO TO JIM COLEMAN HONDA, and if you know anyone in the Maryland area warn them against this dealership. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:15 PM

demand to see the sludge. your engine is apart bring a camera .look up what sludge looks like. these engines are not prone to sludge like the 3.0 toyota. I have over 400 k on my engine and it has varnish stain and that's all . sludge is a black grit (look up black death toyota to see what it looks like ) 400 buck per valve!!!! wtf. sorry but this thread really pisses me off. don't let them steel your money with out a fight . Ive sued dealerships and won and worked at crocked dealerships. they're worse than a crack head with a gun.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:18 PM

**** jim coleman

Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Newest Of Newbies

The dealership is going to cover the cost of the machinist shop work, because I didn't offer it. Honda says that this isn't supposed to happen and they don't track the occurence of timing chains breaking because to quote from their website:

Depending on the model year of the vehicle, it is typically between 60,000 and 90,000 miles. If your vehicle has a timing chain, instead of a timing belt, replacement of the timing chain is not required. You can either refer to the Scheduled Maintenance section of the appropriate owner's manual for specific information or you can find the maintenance schedule for your vehicle by clicking here

Also I was told that if it was another other type of issue they could offer 2 to 3 times more help, but they don't track this so they can't do anything else to help me. I will never buy another one of their cars and would advise anyone else thinking of buying one not to. I'm done with Honda.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Default timing chain

do you now from were i can buy i timing chain kit from the internet pls and ships to europe thanks

Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Matthew West
do you now from were i can buy i timing chain kit from the internet pls and ships to europe thanks
Why do you think you need a new timing chain?