General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 accord v6 Spark plug replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Default 2008 accord v6 Spark plug replacement

My 2008 accord coupe. V6 has around 95k miles. At how many miles should I change the spark plug aand which brand is the most recomended for it?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

The forum titles and descriptions may be a little confusing; normally, these types of questions should be posted in the General Tech Help section.

But, to help answer your question. For your car, it has the Maintenance Minder. When the service code B4 is showing, that should be the recommended time to change the spark plugs. With the exception of oil, most other service codes on the Maintenance Minder are based on mileage.

I believe at around 105,000 miles, the B4 service code should be showing. Around that time is when the timing belt probably should be changed too. Usually, the water pump is changed when the timing belt is changed to avoid almost duplicate labor if the water pump goes later.

Generally, NGK or Denso are the spark plugs recommended/used by Honda. Most people will recommend NGK.

Is your V6 a PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) engine? The Accords in California and maybe a few other places had PZEV engines. PZEV engines require different spark plug part numbers and are more expensive.