General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2013 Accord Problems

Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Default 2013 Accord Problems

Hello,

Just purchased a 2013 Accord Sport Automatic and i noticed a few things that seemed unusual and i wanted to check up if anybody else was experiencing the same things:

1) When driving at low speeds the car pulls when accelerating or decelerating around 20mph and also around ~3-5mph. Basically the car jerks quite noticeably as soon as I accelerate or decelerate pass those speeds. Is this just the normal behavior for the new CVT? I am in traffic most of my driving time so this endless jerking is irritating, plus im concerned it might cause some form of wear or damage to the car in the long run.

2) There is a high-pitched whirring or humming noise that comes out of the bottom of the car after I have driven it for a little while and park the car. Sounds almost like the sound you hear from those big electricity towers. Sometimes it stays on for 5-20 minutes before it disappears.

Anybody have insight into these two things?

Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Firstly, I don't know if you have the 4 cylinder or the 6 cylinder. The 4 has a CVT transmission which might account for the noise you hear. If it's the 6, that would account for the "torque steer" when you depress the gas peddle. The 6 does have a conventional automatic transmission, so there shouldn't be any noise coming from the bottom of the car. I've not driven the new Accord, but I know on the 2012, the torque steer on the 6 cylinder was terrible, it would almost take the wheel out of your hands. You might want to pose your question on the "temple of VTEC" website. They have several threads discussing the 2013 Accord.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Moved to correct forum..Please read the New Member rules before posting..
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ed-help-24592/

Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

found no bulletins related to your symptoms. i'd try swapping the front tires side to side first. as far as the jerking goes...no that is not normal for a cvt transmission...take it in to the dealer and start getting things documented.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM

You are not alone with the CVT noise and torque steer issue. Go to the Temple of VTEC. At least two people have posted up with the same problem.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 PM

I too just purchased a 13 accord sport 4cyl automatic. As far as it pulling under acceleration there is some side to side motion but only under heavy acceleration. As far as the whine sound when vehicle is shut off that is the vehicle performing self test for the evap system which it will do from time to time.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Rel

The noise that you keep hearing is 100% the radiator fan in the front of the car. Both the radiator and a/c fan makes a noise while its running. It's irritating and I'm taking mine to the dealer ASAP.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 AM

I also have a 2013 Honda Accord EX that has a high pitched electronic noise that occurs after the car is shut off as well. It is deifnitely not a fan. I brought my car in and the tech hooked the car up to their laptop and had the fan turn on so I could lhear that noise - it was not. This is an electronic buzzing noise. It has occurred on my car multiple times but the only time I notice it is when I am home and the car is in the garage (it's quiet enough to hear). One time when I noticed it was did not appear it would shut off so we restarted the car and it shut if off again and the noise stopped. This past Friday I heard it when I went back out to the garage after coming home and we tried to pinpoint the area and it shut off on it's own. I am in contact with the dealership to try and determine if it a normal part of the diagnostics of the car or an issue.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Left field...nothing new for me. Next time you are at the dealer, ask the tech to activate the EVAP solenoids with the HDS.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM

I too recently bought the 2013 ex accord and have experienced the pulling issue. Its not necessarily a left to right pull but more of a "jerking". It almost feels like a random misfire. If anyone has any information or suggestions please let me know. I did take the car to the dealer and they stated since the problem cannot be replicated at this time there is nothing they can do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Accord Problems