General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Accord Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have had the "update" installed twice on my Accord. That is 2 times! Here are some problems:
The phone book downloaded, about 90%. That is better than the approximately 40% that previously downloaded. This has since changed.

· I have since lost ½ of the phone book download.
· I have not been able to see the contact photos on the caller ID since the 2nd week I had he car.
· The “Call History” has not updated for 1 week.
· The “Text Message Reader” works when it feels like it.
· The caller ID gives the number but no name.
· The FCW periodically goes off when passing another vehicle. Usually when the vehicle is alongside.
· The headlights will periodically “blink” or dim then get brighter again at night, (every few minutes at times).
· The screeching from the speakers has started again. Has become incessant!
· The “woofer” volume increases and decreases at will
· The Bluetooth disconnects then reconnects to the phone periodically
· AHA radio does not work at all.
· The “History of Driver A” no longer updates.
· I actually get better mileage with the “Econ” button off. There is a 2-4 mpg difference.

The car is back at the dealer today! I can't wait to see what happens this time. Everyday is a new adventure with the 2013 Accord!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Ajdre
UPDATE :

Squeak fixed, was a loose "clip" on the brake.

Steering wheel changed : now much better :-)

Screeching problem on stereo seems to have disappeared.

Lane change camera working perfectly.

Paint defect : I can live with it.

Love the car.
Wow, you are a picky person...what do you expect? Its not a BMW, it s a Honda. Its a family sedan. Has the car left you stranded in the middle of the road? I doubt it. A bump in the steering wheel? Really? Be thankful you have a new car and next time you're driving down the road, take a look at some of the other cars passing by or the people walking because they cant afford a new car. I am about to get the new accord and I'm going to be happy just because it's a new car! ....some people

Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dvd_win
Wow, you are a picky person...what do you expect? Its not a BMW, it s a Honda. Its a family sedan. Has the car left you stranded in the middle of the road? I doubt it. A bump in the steering wheel? Really? Be thankful you have a new car and next time you're driving down the road, take a look at some of the other cars passing by or the people walking because they cant afford a new car. I am about to get the new accord and I'm going to be happy just because it's a new car! ....some people
He's not picky-he's entitled/justified in correcting problems he has discovered on his new accord (not a BMW - but not cheap!) No need to preach!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

He paid money for a new car; he's entitled to expect it should all be working properly.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by dvd_win

Some people indeed....

I though that the forum was for people who owned a 2013 Accord and had problems with it., not trolls like you. Ever brought a new car? This going to be your fist one? Good luck, guess you won't have any issues as you will just be "happy" you have a new car, just wait until it has an issue then see who complains. You are already complaing about what other people are saying, you will be fist in line when something goes wrong.

P.S thanks to others for your comments, I appreciated reading them!

Write more when you have something relevant --- > (this means on topic, about the subject that you are reading about ) to the forum.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM

I've been reading all the issues that everyone is having with their cars.

So I was thinking I'll add mine as well.

2013 Honda Accord Touring 4 cylinder bought from Oakville Honda in Ontario Canada.

Currently car has 11200km on it with 10% oil life.

I have been back and forth with the issue of the back up camera staying on, radio not working, hands free link not responding, all the issues that everyone has. Honda dealership said that Honda is working on it and will get back to me soon. They said come in early January and they should have and answer. A couple of calls to the dealership asking if this has been resolved said that the service advisior will get back to you. Well now it's April 10th and no response from dealership and Honda Canada.

The second problem now is when turning right. There is a terrible noise coming from the front passenger wheel. This noise also happens when backing up.

It has been a little frustrating and embarrassing at the same time, especially when it's a brand new car and your driving clients around.

I wonder has anyone in Canada had a software update done on the car?

Old 04-10-2013, 10:26 PM

Also forgot to mention that the "FCW" goes off when there are no cars in front of me, just random flashing of the warning light!!

Other then the issues I've had, the car is fun to drive, looks a lot better and feels better then the 2011 Accord EXL I had

Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chopzilla
I've been reading all the issues that everyone is having with their cars.

So I was thinking I'll add mine as well.

2013 Honda Accord Touring 4 cylinder bought from Oakville Honda in Ontario Canada.

Currently car has 11200km on it with 10% oil life.

I have been back and forth with the issue of the back up camera staying on, radio not working, hands free link not responding, all the issues that everyone has. Honda dealership said that Honda is working on it and will get back to me soon. They said come in early January and they should have and answer. A couple of calls to the dealership asking if this has been resolved said that the service advisior will get back to you. Well now it's April 10th and no response from dealership and Honda Canada.

The second problem now is when turning right. There is a terrible noise coming from the front passenger wheel. This noise also happens when backing up.

It has been a little frustrating and embarrassing at the same time, especially when it's a brand new car and your driving clients around.

I wonder has anyone in Canada had a software update done on the car?
The noise from the front wheel is probably due to the disc brake pad retaining clip (retainer) shifted and is touching the rotor.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...-scrape-52001/

Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 AM

I just bought a 2013 Sport, mine jerks a bit at very low speeds too. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
The noise from the front wheel is probably due to the disc brake pad retaining clip (retainer) shifted and is touching the rotor.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...-scrape-52001/
My 2013 Accord had the same problem. When turning left the car had a squeeling metalic noise from the front wheel. It took two trips to fix it. I was told the backing plate had to be adjusted.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord Problems